Posts: 289 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Worldwide
Originally Posted by AMD View Post
Artyom, I agree with thedead.. Please tell me in 10 ways how it is better than any Android device..
yes the iphone is lame but in which aspects? if it is the os being closed you can jailbreak and make it much more configurable in terms of ui, features, personalization etc.

I didn't said that iphone is completely better. i said that ios is much more smooth and fast then android and that makes them better in user experience. don't get me wrong, im not an apple fan never been one. im just making comments based on my experience with both operating systems.

by the way it has been told that the device will come to the us with snapdragon 600 chipset. they won't ship the exynos 5 version to the us?

Last edited by Artyom; 2013-03-15 at 19:42.

Originally Posted by bibek View Post
No. It's AirUI. Always comes handy in dropping the jaws of random friends

There's also a separate plugin so that you can use the gesture in all apps.
What is the plug in to get AIR UI to work with most other apps?

This is yet another case of Nokia having an idea years ago that was never fully developed but that Samsung puts on a flagship device today.

In my opinion Samsung did a great job with the S4. People keep saying that its a copy of the s3, it has nothing new, samsung is pulling an apple, another cheap plastic phone etc.. to those people i would say - you are wrong.

1) Its not a copy of the s3. it shares the same design principles as the s3 but improves on them. This is not uncommon in the smartphone industry at the moment eg. lumia range, iphones, etc
if you still think the s4 is a copy of the s3, look at the following picture and tell me if you cant tell which is which

2) The s4 does have some cool new tricks that the s3 didnt have. I wont count all the software improvements because those will eventually be available on the s3. But how about the hover functionality? the ability to use the phone with gloves (Nokia was happy that no one else had that)? 5" screen in the same size phone? improved camera? IR transmitter? I wont say that these feature make the s4 a worthy upgrade from the s3, but at the same time I think its wrong to ignore those noteworthy improvements.

3) people keep dissing plastic as if it is no longer worthy of being used in premium products. those same people probably have a plastic case covering their iphone. thats all im going to say about that.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mohannad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Ir was cool before and it is cool today. I HAVE TO SAY Ir is very cool and sexy feature, glad to see it in new devices. .

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
I didn't know the S4 is actually smaller than the SIII. That is quite a feat, shaving some bezel is something I've been proclaiming for years now!

Comparing the S4 to The One, they're nearly identical/same in size. However, the S4's superior (or equal) in every way except for:
- One has stereo loudspeakers on front (something I also proclaimed for years)
- One has a more premium look and feel to it (another thing I've been crying for years!)

But what do I think?
I think the Samsung should've done the S4 with The One's design, but with a 4.5 inch size. That way its a comfy size for the majority. Heaps heaps more advanced and better than The iPhone (4in is puny!). And it allows Samsung to differentiate enough with the NOTE series, perhaps they can even shave its bezels and make it something like 5.2 inches in screen size.

I'm flattered

I swear to god, if these specs don't sound just like a bunch of WOW players williewaving about their system specs, I'll "upgrade" from my N900 to a Nokia 3310.
Who the hell needs 8 cores for a phone?
If this thing hits the shelves at more than £300 it's really gonna show it's true purpose. A huge waste of expense for a lot of reduntant hardware.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
And how would you oppose that? Can you explain please? It isn't smooth and fast?
and please do answer my question. i want to learn more.
The Galaxy S3 and Note 2 run enough rings around any iPhone. Heck my GS2 and Note run rings around the i4s in my house.

If just smooth and fast are used as barometers, there is really no difference because after a point you can't see which is faster.

If you speak about jail-breaking an iPhone and rooting and Android device than the Android will always come out tops simply because along with the increased customizations you have larger screens that allow you to do more.

On both my S2 and Note I use multi-window, although it isn't too useful on the S2, its very nice on the Note with the larger screen. The iPad has something similar once you jailbreak it but the iPhone's smaller screen means its pretty useless to do any windowing on it.

The app gap is almost non-existent these days on Android; the last game I remember that made it big and launched on iOS without any Android plans was Temple Run. That too was quite a rare occurrence.

Android has its many flaws too, no doubt about that, but choosing between an Android device and iPhone its always wiser to go for the Android unless the user is really a fanboy or not interested to tinker even a bit with the Android device.

The sales of S3 and Note show that many mass-market users who know not much are going for the larger, more functional and better-looking screens instead of the same old iPhone. Also let's not forget the micro-SD and replaceable batteries

Last edited by thedead1440; 2013-03-16 at 06:03.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 278 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ SD, CA
Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
What is the plug in to get AIR UI to work with most other apps?

This is yet another case of Nokia having an idea years ago that was never fully developed but that Samsung puts on a flagship device today.
Air UI doesnt even work!

Originally Posted by balisingh View Post
Air UI doesnt even work!
Yes it does, but out of the box, it only works on some native apps (to scroll, etc.). But reportedly there is a plug in that widens its functionality to more apps. I'd like to hear more about the plug in.

As for the GS4, it'll sell well, no doubt. It's highly functional and has a large fan base and impressive marketing support. My primary problem is the design and lack of premium build materials. The HTC impresses me more on these fronts and seems to offer the specs and performance I'd be looking for.

And I think that there is still an app gap that favors iOS over Android. It is in the quality of the apps, since the numbers of apps are so high as not to matter. My GF has an Android and pointed this out to me and it is true--even the same title is often slightly better on iOS. I'll likely get an Android, but if there were an HTC One-like device running jailbroken iOS, who knows?

The Following User Says Thank You to Hacker For This Useful Post:
Hw is always improving, I do like the ir port come back, shame n9 dropped it, but I cannot understand 1080 HD display on 5" screen, even on 720 HD pixel density was more than human eye can see, what improvement 440+ pixel density will bring?

The Following User Says Thank You to pagis For This Useful Post:

Tags
8-core, s-translator