Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I bought a Mugen for my N810, the highest capacity one. It works great and I didn't mind the added bulk. However, I have not noticed that it doubled the capacity of my battery. It did improve it, but it was not like the dawn of a glorious new day or anything. I hope to buy another Mugen for my N900.

Hi guys, with so many knock offs and exaggerated capacity batteries floating around, I wanted to share my experiences with an excellent battery manufacturer, Cameron Sino. I have used CameronSino batteries before and to my delight they've exceeded both the run time and life time of the OEM battery. Their BP-4L replacement part number is CS-NK4LSL. So far it has powered my NIT longer than Nokia's BP-4L ever has, at a fraction of the cost of an OEM BP-4L. Upon arrival, I measured the cells voltage. 3.84V. Nice, a fresh battery that hasn't been sitting around for years and discharged, unlike other BP4L 's I've picked up which have arrived around 2.7 volts. The only draw back I experienced was minor. It's terminals were a bit tight and took some wiggling to insert the first time around. This turned out to be a small plus at the end, because the tighter connectors don't allow the battery to wiggle as much inside the N810, like the OEM battery did.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=370312742925

The seller shipped quickly and used the faster air mail post. With all the horror stories, I thought I'd share this diamond in a rough. I have no relationship with the seller or manufacturer. Just sharing my personal experience with an excellent product. It's important to support a company making a legit product at a reasonable price rather than one that slaps a 1500mAh sticker on a 3 year old 800mAh battery, along with a fake Nokia logo.
Seems like this seller could be offering the same battery for even less: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=200392285716

Last edited by st5150; 2010-01-12 at 08:09.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to st5150 For This Useful Post:
I just bought a BP4L battery from the "Grade-A-Battery" Ebay seller listed above and was so impressed I ordered a second one. Unlike some of the other cheap knock-offs, this one is the full 1500ma capacity. Others put a cheaper, smaller battery inside the casing for a BP4L and call it "compatible". This one is the real deal. I also found the contacts fit real tight, in that I had to spread them slightly on the first installation. This was better than the opposite situation I had with the Mugen Battery I purchased previously (which is also a good battery, but more expensive).

I like to have several batteries because I take my N810 on multi-day back-packing and/or XC skiing trips where I am without power but want GPS tracking as well as the entertainment I can get from the N810. I am trying to rig up a small solar powered battery charger for these things as well.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wartstew For This Useful Post:
Posts: 100 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Hillsboro, Nh.
Originally Posted by st5150 View Post
Seems like this seller could be offering the same battery for even less: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=200392285716
Following the above advice, I bought one of the batteries mentioned in the above post, for my n810.
It came last week. It's obviously heavier than the cheap batteries that last 40 minutes, and a tighter fit too.....I had to carefully sand some off the end of the battery to make it fit well.
After charging, it gives the full 1500Mah that the original battery gives, Battery Monitor reports about 6 or 7 hours of life, and using the n810 reduces reported battery life about the same as the stock battery.
Thanks for the tip!! I was about to bite the bullet and buy a Mugen battery, at about 4x the cost, but I don't need to do that now.
An iPod Touch 4th gen rides in my pocket too.

The Following User Says Thank You to deluxe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 398 | Thanked: 301 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Texas
I ordered one of these. It took about 2 weeks to receive. Full charge shows 10 days/7 hours. Everything positive so far.

Used the battery last night and it performs well. Worth the price.

Originally Posted by st5150 View Post
Frank

Last edited by Frank Banul; 2010-02-18 at 17:36. Reason: more info

The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Banul For This Useful Post:
Y'all might want to check your local sears. I bought the nokia folding speakers (oem) and three chargers for a total of about 30 bucks YMMV. The speakers rock, because they take four AAA cells and last quite a while. The chargers at sears were car chargers and were about 2 bucks each on clearance (USA stores). You can go to radio shack and get a 3 cell battery pack and solder on the tips from the clearance sears chargers. Use NiMH batterys for the pack, and I swear you get at least three full N810 charges from one charge of the three pack. Did you know you can get a 15 minute charger for 2200 amp hour NiMH? Throw some Energizer lithium ultimates in there and it is probably more like 10 full charges. This has worked well for me. I was on a flight to the philippines and used the N810 the entire tiime I was awake, with the 3 lithium cells, plus whenever I was away from a 110 outlet in a 2.5 week stay there. Don't even get me going about the filipina women, I'm going straight to hell now for sure. Then I found it still had enough juice left on the way back too. Not bad, and the Sears Nokia chargers are OEM, so they don't break off when you fall asleep with the thing charging, and roll over and knock it on the floor.

Just my 2 cents (*plus 12 years in the battery industry before I moved into semiconductors).

Nep.

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Glendale, CA
Some more anecdotal evidence of the 1800mah mugen battery for the N810. I bought one from MugenBattery.com. It was on backordered. Fulfilled a few days later in February 2010. I received it and have been using it for a month. What a dramatic difference from my original battery. Mostly because that original was done for. Now I have regular 5 days of standby and 5-6 hours of regular use. Very effective. I thought it was worth the money. But YMMV.

I had the same experience with my N800. An old 1500mAh battery is worse than a new 1200mAh battery

Also, the mugen battery seems to age slower than the Nokia battery..

here's another endorsement of likwaiw battery sellers / hongkong as mentioned above.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=200392285716
total price:$8.79, incldg. shipping to us.
shipping was prompt, and this bp-4l
battery seems of a quality comparable to the original nokia battery.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wesgreen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 183 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Seattle, WA
I bought a likwaiw (/Cameron Sino/Xell) battery for my N800 based on the advice in this thread. I just got it this week and it seems to be working just fine. It's only 1330 mAh compared to the 1500 mAh of the Nokia battery, but it seems to be well worth the $8. It's definitely better than the 1/2-hour life of my 3-year-old original battery .