Closed Thread
Posts: 71 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Brighton, UK
*I'm sure there will be at least one brit who tells me that's not the proper use of word irony.
A more perfect example I couldn't have hoped to find.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PhilE For This Useful Post:
Posts: 30 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bronx, NY
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
New member complains about sarcasm-chains by old guard. Gets turned down by sarcarsm from old guard.
I was expecting that already.

Srsly guys, I think u just need a Facebook account. Something more appropriate for that.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to herix1 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by herix1 View Post
I have grown frustrated to find out that ppl almost always go off-topic and make threads ridiculously long talking about totally unrelated things; making it extremely difficult to find any piece of useful information.
1 word:

GOOGLE

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
its ok for u to have fun but imagine you are in a classroom and u cant listen because there is a bunch of kids on the back making noise and joking while ur trying to learn... you get the point.
I want a rule against "u" and "ur". Now.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 607 | Thanked: 450 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Washington, DC
Facebook? We don't need no stinking Facebook.

What would be useful is the ability to label a post as a Frivolous and Dilatory, either when you create it or based on voting and then have the ability to exclude FD posts from the display or the search of a thread.

[Frivolous and Dilatory]

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DaveP1 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by DaveP1 View Post
Facebook? We don't need no stinking Facebook.

What would be useful is the ability to label a post as a Frivolous and Dilatory, either when you create it or based on voting and then have the ability to exclude FD posts from the display or the search of a thread.

[Frivolous and Dilatory]
I still think it's better to work from the other direction. If someone posts a question.. be able to flag a specific post or series of posts as an "answer"/"assisted answer" that people can easily click to look up.

That way... if they don't want to have fun with us and just want their answer now then they can swiftly be fixed...... and subsequently be gone.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
I was expecting that already.

Srsly guys, I think u just need a Facebook account. Something more appropriate for that.
You've been a member here for a month and made 17 posts - 3 of them on this thread. What gives you the right to complain about the forum not being what you want?

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bronx, NY
Originally Posted by wizbowes View Post
You've been a member here for a month and made 17 posts - 3 of them on this thread. What gives you the right to complain about the forum not being what you want?
Oh so now new users have no rights? I see you 68 posts give you many rights.

I'm just giving my suggestions to make this forum better so that users can find the information they need.

A couple of you love to say Google this Google that. How do you think people end up here in the first place? And more to the point, what is the purpose of this forum anyway? Is it for us to share and spread information about Maemo, or is it just to have fun doing other things?

Last edited by herix1; 2010-01-22 at 23:43.

The Following User Says Thank You to herix1 For This Useful Post:
And more to the point, what is the purpose of this forum anyway? Is it for us to share and spread information about Maemo, or is it just to have fun doing other things?
Um...... Yes.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Posts: 336 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ France
Here's some moderation for you: Thread closed for trolling (and yes, I mean everyone).

Next time, make sure you're less aggressive when you post these kind of threads, there's really no need to imply we're all a bunch of puerile idiots who can't behave. We have a strong community and are very proud of it.

If there are posts that disrupt your conversations in the forum, and you feel the tone in uncalled for (humorous or whatever), please, be my guest and report it; if you plead your case right, a moderator will very certainly help you.

In the meantime, don't ask us to become linuxforums or f.ubuntu.

Edit: PS: Your post was off-topic, oh the irony. These threads should be in Community.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CrashandDie For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread