Yay! Mugen just arrived and charging right now. What is with the "should be initially charged and discharged 3-5 times to achieve stated capacity"?

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ The Great White North
Originally Posted by sondjata View Post
Yay! Mugen just arrived and charging right now. What is with the "should be initially charged and discharged 3-5 times to achieve stated capacity"?
What makes Lithium Ion so nice is that the number of charge/discharge cycles is almost twice of Nickel Cadmium, and a third greater than Nickel Metal Hydride. The down side (besides not liking moisture) is that the Lithium plate in the battery has to build a skin of ions on it's surface. That's why it takes 3 to 5 cycles to reach it's capacity (typed at the Boston Museum of Science and I did not know this myself til an hour ago.)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to electrolind For This Useful Post:
Posts: 415 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ A place with no mountains
Originally Posted by wartstew View Post

So anyone have sources for the best deal on a real 1500mAh BP-4L?
I just found this on Amazon:
1500mAh Battery fits Nokia N810

* High Quality high capacity light weight rechargeable DC 3.7V Li Polymer 1500mAh battery.
* Longer battery life than the original battery that comes with the cell phone.
* Best replacement for the original Nokia E90 E61i E71 E90i N810 battery pack.
* No memory effect.
* Can be charged or discharged as needed without loss of capacity.

Overcharge protection with built in battery life microchip. CE Certified

No customer reviews yet

Should I order it?

Posts: 398 | Thanked: 301 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Texas
Oooh, good question. If it's really 1500mAh, it's not longer battery life than the original.

Frank

Originally Posted by MountainX View Post
I just found this on Amazon:
1500mAh Battery fits Nokia N810

* High Quality high capacity light weight rechargeable DC 3.7V Li Polymer 1500mAh battery.
* Longer battery life than the original battery that comes with the cell phone.
* Best replacement for the original Nokia E90 E61i E71 E90i N810 battery pack.
* No memory effect.
* Can be charged or discharged as needed without loss of capacity.

Overcharge protection with built in battery life microchip. CE Certified

No customer reviews yet

Should I order it?

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ US Air Force
Does any one know where i can get a new battery cover, I got the sd card adapter and the metal one it came with fits just a tad bit loose.

Is it worth just getting the mugen extended battery/cover, i know that i want to get another battery but is it really that much of a difference in usage time as apposed to another regular battery, and does it bother the adapter much for those who have it.

any suggestions are welcome,

Last edited by jalladin; 2009-07-26 at 03:31.

The mugan extended battery cover is plastic. If the metal one fits too loose, you may want to check and see if one of the tabs is bent. Mine fits fine, but has a little play on the one side so that it doesn't beat on the data cable for the mod. So I think some of that play is intentional to protect the mod itself.

The Following User Says Thank You to Lord Raiden For This Useful Post:
I must say that my old battery must have really been worn. Today was it's first real test and I have to say this is the first time that I've even noticed that battery level meter actually change. Usually I go from full up to the red. Not any more.

I also notice that my "day" reserve goes down to "maintain" the "hours left" way better than with my old battery. It actually makes sense now.I actually used the livecast program without the low battery indicator sounding almost immediately. Even hit skype up (guaranteed to sound the low battery alert).

I'm not sure how much of this extra time and lack of battery drama is really due to the extra 300 mAh or just having a fresh battery but I'll take it.

Originally Posted by jalladin View Post
Is it worth just getting the mugen extended battery/cover, i know that i want to get another battery but is it really that much of a difference in usage time as apposed to another regular battery, and does it bother the adapter much for those who have it.
Over twice the run time. The Mugen cover won't fit on at all due to stiffening ribs in the area where the adapter goes. Once you trim those out, it doesn't bother the adapter at all.

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ US Air Force
Originally Posted by Benson View Post
Over twice the run time. The Mugen cover won't fit on at all due to stiffening ribs in the area where the adapter goes. Once you trim those out, it doesn't bother the adapter at all.
wow, thats good news, so i guess if i use my tablet a lot it wouldnt be a bad idea to get the mugen over the nokia brad extended battery huh?

do the ribs serve a purpus at all, like for better fitting. is the triming easy, enough so you dnt damage the cover..

Thanks for the advice,

Hi guys, with so many knock offs and exaggerated capacity batteries floating around, I wanted to share my experiences with an excellent battery manufacturer, Cameron Sino. I have used CameronSino batteries before and to my delight they've exceeded both the run time and life time of the OEM battery. Their BP-4L replacement part number is CS-NK4LSL. So far it has powered my NIT longer than Nokia's BP-4L ever has, at a fraction of the cost of an OEM BP-4L. Upon arrival, I measured the cells voltage. 3.84V. Nice, a fresh battery that hasn't been sitting around for years and discharged, unlike other BP4L 's I've picked up which have arrived around 2.7 volts. The only draw back I experienced was minor. It's terminals were a bit tight and took some wiggling to insert the first time around. This turned out to be a small plus at the end, because the tighter connectors don't allow the battery to wiggle as much inside the N810, like the OEM battery did.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=370312742925

The seller shipped quickly and used the faster air mail post. With all the horror stories, I thought I'd share this diamond in a rough. I have no relationship with the seller or manufacturer. Just sharing my personal experience with an excellent product. It's important to support a company making a legit product at a reasonable price rather than one that slaps a 1500mAh sticker on a 3 year old 800mAh battery, along with a fake Nokia logo.

Last edited by st5150; 2010-01-08 at 08:21.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to st5150 For This Useful Post: