Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
This is a bit worrying to me, as I'm currently developing an app that has a Python module that's compiled binary code - do I need to create multiple packages with dependencies on different Python versions? (The compiled code is version-specific.)
... and there is no sdk to compile against 3.7 by now (isn't it?)

The Following User Says Thank You to cy8aer For This Useful Post:
Xperia X users who paid 50€ for a so-called long term support feel deceived.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to objectifnul For This Useful Post:
Posts: 207 | Thanked: 759 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Poland
Originally Posted by objectifnul View Post
Xperia X users paid 50€ for one year support with possibility to extend it in the future by buying it for another year. But after one year there was no option to extend this support for another year. They said they will support Xperia X for free.

"7. What happens to my Sailfish X software after one year of purchase, will it still work? This was mentioned when I purchased the original license.
The Sailfish X software package contains software updates and customer service as long as the device is supported."

Last edited by atlochowski; 2019-03-19 at 21:20.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to atlochowski For This Useful Post:
I'll be a minority here, but I would rather have them drop jolla1/C/X support and make a new port on up-to-date HW with freed resources.

At least drop j1, it's probably a nightmare to maintain with it's btrfs.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lantern For This Useful Post:
Posts: 207 | Thanked: 759 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Poland
Originally Posted by lantern View Post
I'll be a minority here, but I would rather have them drop jolla1/C/X support and make a new port on up-to-date HW with freed resources.

At least drop j1, it's probably a nightmare to maintain with it's btrfs.
Maybe you right but j1 and j C are the best supported phones with SailfishOS. The only phones where all features works as designed.
To not suppot tablet is more wise decision.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to atlochowski For This Useful Post:
I'm not sure why, the Xperia X gets this update doesn't it?
It'll also get the next one, and most likely all released updates this year...

Sounds like support to me

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to r0kk3rz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 27 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Oct 2017 @ Finland
I will now share my thoughts about this xperia x discussion; I just hope Jolla will able to bring latest kernel, 4.9 for xperia x. I do not need (few apps only) much android support so for me kernel update would be just enought. Kernel update would be very big improvement for example much better drivers for camera etc. + proper support for all cpu cores. Also the sdcard issue where some cards not working will be also fixed by kernel. All that with just updating kernel and then xperia x is much closer to complete device.

I could even pay for that "correct support", I also believe many other sailors may also do same.

I wonder why Jolla does not show us that they are working with newer kernel.. In the end: If Jolla decided to not update xperia x kernel they should at very least port/compile 4.9 kernel to new xperia xa2 series (kernel+drivers combo is important in my opinion!).

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Korkkiruuvi For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Why do you feel so?
It works perfectly on my X and is still the best OS that I ever paid anything for.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Another thing that has not been fixed. The login web page to my local leisure centre's free WiFi says, "Invalid session. Close your browser and start again." Needless to say, closing the browser or even clearing all cookies and history makes no difference.

It was broken by an update a few months ago and I have been hoping for a fix ever since but it never comes.

This is really tedious. I do not want Facebreak and Whatsit. I do not want gazzilions of fart apps. Heck, I do not even want anything that could be considered a modern "smart" phone functionality. All I want is absolute basics: web and email. Nothing else. And none of them work anymore in Sailfish.

How can I get stored passwords off my Jolla? I have an ancient Android 4.0 tablet that works fine. I could use that but I do not remember the password and do not feel like creating a new account.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I may also have found a genuine new bug. Switched the screen on and swiped left to home screen. Did not get asked for the password, but did not pay much attention to that because it may have been before the timeout. But then, instead of the home screen, I got blackness. Swiping back to events seemed to work but swiping to home screen again resulted in the same thing. Launcher did not work, basically nothing worked. I switched the screen of using the power button, then on again and this time I was greeted with a password prompt as expected and everything worked as normal.

It looks like some race condition to me. I must have activated the screen just around the time when the timeout would kick in.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post: