Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by qole View Post
A guy on craigslist gave me one. Just sent it to me for free. That was very cool.

Oak replacement styluses for the tablets would be very cool! How much would (ahem, wood) I have to pay for one?
Wow.. that was actually VERY awesome of him!

As for replacement--I'd like to know how much I have to pay for ANY replacement, for crying out loud. HELLO! Even my friends want to know and keep asking me, as their source for the tablet knowledge in this group.

Posts: 98 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Port Angeles, WA
I'll make up a quote on wood stylus for you guys, and some pics - but it will be next week.

In the meantime - a quick 'emergency' stylus is a plastic coffee stirrer with a toothpick in it - bend the end in half and it actually fits the slot quite nicely!

Slick, high tech device and we have to resort to this!!

The Following User Says Thank You to bizshop For This Useful Post:
@#&*ing Nokia. Sadly, I LOVE the unique triangular shape because it doesn't roll away.. but it tasks us with finding a proper replacement.

Thanks, btw, on that project to make a wood Stylus. You should totally start selling them as a third party generic wooden stylus. I'm pretty sure it'd make moola.. and nobody else seems to be doing it or maybe thought of doing such a niche stylus replacement.

Originally Posted by bizshop View Post
I'll make up a quote on wood stylus for you guys, and some pics - but it will be next week.

In the meantime - a quick 'emergency' stylus is a plastic coffee stirrer with a toothpick in it - bend the end in half and it actually fits the slot quite nicely!

Slick, high tech device and we have to resort to this!!
I'll buy one one (or two) of yer woodin styluses......as long as they fit and it's better than a toothpick in a coffee stirrer.

See? BAM! Niche! Hella Benjamins, baby, YEAH!

Just FYI I lost one stylus the other day so I set out in search of a suitable (usable) substitute. I visited an arts and crafts store. I found they had some cheap wooden rods that should be workable into something. The size that fit the hole is a 3/8" round rod. But that wasn't the most elegant solution I came up with. It was (drumroll please)...........

knitting needles.

Yes I know. Who woulda thunk it. But a #8 knitting needle (which may be available in metal, wood, or even really cool looking transparent plastic) is the right diameter. They should be easy to cut to the right length, and something affixed to the end to make it like the original. And they're also quite cheap.

The Following User Says Thank You to heelio For This Useful Post:
http://www.cellphone-repair-shop.com/0269433.htm

I got two new styluses last week.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jnack95 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by heelio View Post
...The size that fit the hole is a 3/8" round rod... But a #8 knitting needle ... is the right diameter. They should be easy to cut to the right length, and something affixed to the end to make it like the original. And they're also quite cheap.
Um, are you talking about an N800 stylus here? Because, they're, you know, triangular, not round.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by jnack95 View Post
http://www.cellphone-repair-shop.com/0269433.htm

I got two new styluses last week.
Have you received them, or did you just order them?

Well, I just ordered a half-dozen from here; I'm not sure it's even the stylus (stylus assembly? Maybe something silo-related?), and they're 2.3 of 5 stars in Google shopping, but it's 20 bucks including shipping, so if I lose it, it's manageable.

I'll post about them if/when they arrive...

Last edited by Benson; 2008-10-01 at 16:43.

The Following User Says Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post: