Boom goes the dynamite.

Posts: 154 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ South Africa
I just hope nokia offers a Tegra 2 device and really makes use of the xbox feature in WP7.
Debian

Originally Posted by hotkolbas View Post
what do you expect, that IDIOT came from MS. ya think he aint going to push a sale.
well, as a european all i can say is the americans certainly know how to do business ..

The Following User Says Thank You to leetnoob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by espux View Post
Quoting the press release:
"Nokia still plans to ship a MeeGo-related product later this year."

I wonder what they mean by MeeGo-related, but I certainly hope it's a phone.
Phone or tablets does it really matter now? It will only be an experimental device and will have no support like N900, no bugs will be fixed or new funtionalities added in the future. What's the good of buying something that is dead before its even released? Your choice, I'm not gambling with Nokia no more. It's either iphone5, Droid or WebOS for me. Since no MeeGo then I'll take a bite of anything that have better support than shiity nokia unsupported devices.

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 301 | Thanked: 227 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Turkey
Maemo/MeeGo was the only reason for me to resist Nokia's stupid decisions and their "We don't care about you, customer." behaviour and looks like now it comes to end with N900. Most important question is; where are we going, now? WebOS? Android? or some other company with balls, to takeover MeeGo?

Maintaining: Audelicious | xmp

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aranel For This Useful Post:

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ahjolinna For This Useful Post:
Posts: 402 | Thanked: 451 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ India
Originally Posted by sponka View Post
[snip] Under the new strategy, MeeGo becomes an open-source, mobile operating system project. MeeGo will place increased emphasis on longer-term market exploration of next-generation devices, platforms and user experiences. Nokia still plans to ship a MeeGo-related product later this year. [snip]

From http://www.nokia.com/press/press-rel...newsid=1488004

Meego tablet - probably yes, meego phone -- almost certainly not
I say sshit!

n900 is my last nokia that for sure they are pissing me off they will lounch meego project xaxaxaxa i saw what project they make with n900 and now what ??

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Phone or tablets does it really matter now? It will only be an experimental device and will have no support like N900, no bugs will be fixed or new funtionalities added in the future. What's the good of buying something that is dead before its even released? Your choice, I'm not gambling with Nokia no more. It's either iphone5, Droid or WebOS for me. Since no MeeGo then I'll take a bite of anything that have better support than shiity nokia unsupported devices.
Well, official support in quite unimportant. N900 has almost none and is still best phone on the market with best applications. Maybe i missed some other phone, but as far as I know N900 is only phone, where I can create vpn connection to server, run ssh with xwindows tunnel and run any GUI application on the server.

The Following User Says Thank You to mjakl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 134 | Thanked: 247 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Spain, EU
Originally Posted by Ministeri View Post
This is not only bad for Nokia, also for the whole country of Finland.
Actually, it is bad not only for Finland, but for the whole of Europe.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kevloral For This Useful Post:

Tags
bye-nokia, i don't even, just shoot him, just shoot me, let's elope, lockdown, meego?fail, negatron dan, nokia defiled, nokia suicide, sell tulips, step 8 out of 5, the-end?, www.elop.org