Posts: 65 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Geneva,Switzerland
I can receive rings and I can ring others. Once I accept the call or others accept my call, then no voice from either side I can see timer working.

It use to work. Looks like this problem is specific to my account. Even after re-flash to 2008 OS the problem exists. Could be a conflict some where.

Once I tried Gizmo to call Google account, which failed. I guess this problem could be after this scenario. No idea.

Any suggestion?

Many thanks in advance.

Create a new Google Talk account to test? Might be best to use a different PC to test in case the Google Talk app on your PC isn't working.

Hrm, myself and one of my friends had this problem. It turned out that if we both installed OGG support, then no one could have voice over google talk, but video worked. If only one of us had OGG support installed, then we could have voice. It was quite a weird bug/solution to the voice problem I had.

However, if you said you reflashed it, and still had the problem. I doubt that OGG support is what's causing you not to have sound.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ickyb0d For This Useful Post:
Posts: 678 | Thanked: 197 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ San Jose CA

The Following User Says Thank You to nhanquy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 65 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Geneva,Switzerland
Great. Solved it, Ogg support was creating problem. I uninstalled ogg support and now it works. What a bug or what a solution! Thanks to everyone. But now I have to choose between this two, which one to keep Google talk or Ogg support. Actually both are important for me. As I have only Ogg musics and my friends and relatives are Google Talk user. So what next....

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on May 2006 @ Bonn, Germany
I sent a note to Tuomas Kulve, the maintainer of ogg-support, see garage.maemo.org, he was not aware of this problem yet.

Posts: 874 | Thanked: 316 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ London UK
I can receive rings and I can ring others. Once I accept the call or others accept my call, then no voice from either side
Just to be clear, are you talking about N800 to N800?

I had this issue with my brother while were both on OS2007 sdhc update version, the same when I was on OS2008 first 'beta' version, then also when he moved to OS2008 latest vesrion.

However, now that we are both on OS2008 latest version, the sound and video both work and actually better than ever.

<edit>
Thinking about your ogg observations, I have ogg support installed but he does not. So my experience is not yet conclusive. It will be interesting to see what happens when he comes to install UKMP and ogg support.

Last edited by Rebski; 2008-01-20 at 20:10.

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on May 2006 @ Bonn, Germany

Posts: 874 | Thanked: 316 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ London UK
it has been reported by some, that gtalk breaks if and only if _both_parties have ogg-support installed, not if only one of them has ogg-support installed.
OK understood now, I had assumed that it was an OS2007 issue. I shall get my brother to install ogg support and then report back.