Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by Frappacino View Post
sell the news... thats just the traders talking...

this event had been leaked EVERYWHERE - its no surprise to ANYONE (outside of FOSS idealogues) who can read a newspaper...
I feel very sad over the news indeed. So whatever you say, you are right, I wont argue with you anymore.

Now it's dropping to 11.78 percent. Serve them right. Die sucker, you deserve it.

The Following User Says Thank You to 9000 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 144 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hamburg
part 2 of the game. make nokia cheap enough for microsoft to buy.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mbo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by johnel View Post
Normally when something like this is announced stock usually rises.
Nokia announced they are surrendering. Investors lose confidence when a company does that.

The Following User Says Thank You to EzInKy For This Useful Post:
I'm still trying to see sense in this...

When Elop was comparing Nokia to the eco systems of Google and Apple he added that they had the coice to "join an existing eco structure"...

Ok this would mean a trade in open source for closed, but if then the benifit would be the adoption of a kagillion apps. (would be nice). So why would they choose WM7? A fledgling OS, with fewer apps than OVI and no eco system at all?

I don't get it.

The Following User Says Thank You to MINKIN2 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mbo View Post
part 2 of the game. make nokia cheap enough for microsoft to buy.
heh heh heh the game is afoot

you got the balls to catch the knife ?

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by Maharadja View Post
I think you should reform the sentence to "I think Microsoft isn't making great Os's"
I'm no fanboy for Microsoft, Linux or everything else. The fact is, if they make such "bad" os's, the world wouldn't be using it....
You must have been away from earth for at least 5 years that you missed all the anti-competitness lawsuits on Microsoft of which they are convicted.

Given viable choices, who would want to use an OS that you must pay extra for an anti-virus/malware software that eats up at least 5 percent of your resource?

Sorry I should not start an arguement on something else. If you disagree, that alright. I am to sad to argue atm.

The Following User Says Thank You to 9000 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 245 | Thanked: 233 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Ljubljana, Slovenia

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ahjolinna For This Useful Post:
Posts: 500 | Thanked: 437 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oklahoma
I don't understand the panic and dismay. If Nokia stay true to form this will pass in seven to eighteen months. If, as seems likely from what has been posted, Nokia continue to develop MeeGo then when they twist in the next strong breeze they will drop a MeeGo device on us that is ready to go.

Nokia need something that will work out of the box, and quickly. WP7 will do what it does on Nokia hardware to fill the gap until MeeGo is sorted.

I'm glad I picked up my reserve N900 two weeks ago before the prices start to rise. It looks like it is going to be a while before the next open source Nokia device is ready.

Posts: 191 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Croatia
Originally Posted by sponka View Post
http://www.google.com/finance?q=BIT:NOK1V ---> 11.25% down ...
damn... like watching a movie... down down down down...

die!

Tags
bye-nokia, i don't even, just shoot him, just shoot me, let's elope, lockdown, meego?fail, negatron dan, nokia defiled, nokia suicide, sell tulips, step 8 out of 5, the-end?, www.elop.org