Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
I only have the N800, no light sensor. Maybe someone could make an application that will lock my N800 when it gets too cold, LOL

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 80 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by XTC View Post
I've installed and I admit - brilliant application.
n810 should have it built in from the start - thanks!
Absolutely!!

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by Rassilon7 View Post
It's really not any effort to slide the lock button as you are putting it into your pocket is it?
I was thinking the same.
I really like the hardware sliding lock, and I don't see any advantage in an automatic locker.

On the side: is there a way to make the table produce a beep or similar upon lock/unlock? this would allow slide-locking with no need to view the screen.

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Toronto, Ontario
Originally Posted by umberto_soprano View Post
On the side: is there a way to make the table produce a beep or similar upon lock/unlock? this would allow slide-locking with no need to view the screen.
I second this option, but I think a sound wouldn't be a good idea for 2 reasons
1. If the tablet is muted, you won't hear anything.
2. The sounds may be too loud if your someplace where you should be quiet (meeting, theatre etc)

Instead of a sound, I was thinking of the LED. After watching the flipclock demo video, you can see the different colours the LED is capable of. Something like 3 yellow flashes of yellow when the the sceen is locked.

The Following User Says Thank You to Nelson L. Squeeko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by Nelson L. Squeeko View Post
I second this option, but I think a sound wouldn't be a good idea for 2 reasons
1. If the tablet is muted, you won't hear anything.
2. The sounds may be too loud if your someplace where you should be quiet (meeting, theatre etc)
You mean you're watching a movie and you see that actress you don't remember which other movies she was acting in then --zip-- you take out your tablet, wifi, imdb, "damn, yes! here she was", lock, beep, ooops I'm disturbing the audience!

Originally Posted by Nelson L. Squeeko View Post
Instead of a sound, I was thinking of the LED. After watching the flipclock demo video, you can see the different colours the LED is capable of. Something like 3 yellow flashes of yellow when the the sceen is locked.
That would be nice too. But I'd *REALLY* like not to use my visual capabilities to know when my tablet is locked. Thanks God, next tablet will have vibration

The Following User Says Thank You to umberto_soprano For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Den in USA View Post
I only have the N800, no light sensor. Maybe someone could make an application that will lock my N800 when it gets too cold, LOL
Take it to -273 deg C and your wish will be granted.

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
THIS is really cool
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
Are you running 0.3.1? Have you tried using it in a well lit area (it won't work in the dark)?

Can you run these two commands with the light sensor uncovered and covered (with your thumb or something) and the keyboard opened and closed (use the onscreen keyboard):
Code:
cat /sys/bus/i2c/devices/0-0029/lux
cat /sys/devices/platform/gpio-switch/slide/state
and let me know what you get?

Thanks.
Hi, I have the same problem as previous posters - autolock is active, i can see the popups about turning it on and off but nothing happens.
When I read the light sensor with your command I get 7 with opened ine and 0 with covered. Its strange on the second command - its always "open" regardless if the keyboard is closed and onscreen keyboard was used!
Mayby this is the problem and this is a hardware error?

Tags
autolock, light sensor