i have cracked my wep network but cannot crack wpa

in cleven (wpa) when i press decrypt
a new xterminal comes and then closes.

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
You know. This is actually good. Intended behaviour, one could say.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
The N900 does not have enough horse power to crack WPA. It would take years, if not centuries. By that time the owner will change the password or move on to something else. Best just forget it.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 356 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
And its really a great idea to put this kind of software on TMO. We wouldnt want to give people the idea that this site is full of illegal software and hackingtools now would we.?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XiliX For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by XiliX View Post
And its really a great idea to put this kind of software on TMO. We wouldnt want to give people the idea that this site is full of illegal software and hackingtools now would we.?
interresting question, Whats the legal and moral aspect of putting this software here?

Well, it is legal, probably except from Germany, so, are we hosted in Germany ? No
However, Germans (congratulations) I guess it is illegal for You to even download / install these type of tools.
Moral? Well, that is up to who is using it, as for the purpose and intention.

So, my opinion Yeah lets make everything an option

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Is it illegal to sell knives? Apparently in the UK it is illegal to carry a knife with a blade over 3 inches (7.5 cm) long. I saw a programme on the TV about traffic cops where they busted a van driver for having a bread knfe in his van. In the back. So he had to stop, get out and open the back to get to it. I guess they wanted to get him and could not find anything else but the case seems ridiculous to me.

When I was a child (in another country), I had a pocket knife with me all the time, even in school, and no one gave it another thought. It would not even occur to anyone that someone would use it as a weapon. Different places, different customs.

A WiFi cracker is a rool. It can be used for all sorts of purposes, including assessing the security of your own network. I say leave things as they are. A DIY store cannot be responsible for a murder committed with a screwdriver or a hammer purchased there.

Last edited by pichlo; 2014-07-17 at 18:14. Reason: Spelling. Damn small N900 keyboard! :)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Is it illegal to sell knives? Apparently in the UK it is illegal to carry a knife with a blade over 3 inches (7.5 cm) long. I saw a programme on the TV about traffic cops where they busted a van driver for having a bread knfe in his van. In the back. So he had to stop, get out and open the back to get to it. I guess they wanted to get him and could not find anything else but the case seems ridiculous to me.

When I was a child (in another country), I had a pocket knife with me all the time, even in school, and no one gave it another thought. It would not even occur to anyone that someone would use it as a weapon. Different places, different customs.

A WiFi cracker is a rool. It can be used for all sorts of purposes, including assessing the security of your own network. I say leave things as tey are. A DIY store cannot be responsible for a murder committed with a crewdriver or a hammer purchased there.
Yeah, the knife thing is like that here (DK) also, and we have had similar incident like the Van driver (here it was actually a working man, carrying his work tool).
Stupid law. Its already illegal to murder LOL.
But, I guess that law is EU regulated.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 254 | Thanked: 509 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Canada
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
The N900 does not have enough horse power to crack WPA. It would take years, if not centuries. By that time the owner will change the password or move on to something else. Best just forget it.
Cleven can use a dictionary to try and crack WPA, so it's definitely within the bounds of the n900 to do this. Of course, if your WPA password that you are trying to crack is not in the dictionary you are somewhat out of luck. Cracking any non-dictionary WPA passphrase that's longer than 8 characters probably isn't in the cards with a n900 (or maybe even with a PC).

how can i delete this post

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by anand.bhoo View Post
how can i delete this post
Why would you want to?