Hi!

Since the update of my n900 has failed, I can't use the telephone functions anymore.
While it was updating by the nokia software updater, the n900 interrupted by automatically switching off.
Since then there can be seen a sim-card-logo at the top of the homescreen and a note which reads "...communication error...".

I tried to reset it by using the "intern reset-function" and the flasher.
Both failed.

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Essex, UK
Tried a different sim card?
If it's not the sim, try backing up and flashing rooffs & emmc

Yep, i tried a different sim card.

Could you please explain flashing "rooffs & emmc" more detailed.
(I'm sorry, unfortunately I'm unversed in that)

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Essex, UK
Ahh, someone else would have to explain flashing.. I'm not either and I don't want to be the cause of someone breaking their device sorry.
I can tell you that rootfs is the operating system, and emmc is the 27gb storage which I believe also holds settings for apps. You need to flash them in the correct order (not sure which way round though) and not power on the device in between flashes. I hope this helps a bit. I'm sure a how-to would be easy to find with a search either on here, or google =)

The Following User Says Thank You to 6sicSIX For This Useful Post:
Ok, thanks for that, 6sicSIX!

If there is anybody who's acquainted with that, I would appreciate help.

Originally Posted by Rear View Post
Hi!

Since the update of my n900 has failed, I can't use the telephone functions anymore.
While it was updating by the nokia software updater, the n900 interrupted by automatically switching off.
Since then there can be seen a sim-card-logo at the top of the homescreen and a note which reads "...communication error...".

I tried to reset it by using the "intern reset-function" and the flasher.
Both failed.
Hi have you been able to sort your problem out as i have the same problem although mine came from dropping into some water after drying out everything else seems to work expect the phone when switching on i get the message no telephone functions or emergency calls due to communications error try reboot system and now i have a picture of a sim card with a red line through it ,tried different sim .Do i need to reflash the phone let us know what you have done cheers

Hi hotpot8200!

My problem has been solved by (re-)updating the latest firmware (for some days my N900 hadn't listed the update in the menu...).

Try to flash your device; in my case it didn't help though