Posts: 148 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Yerevan
Hello, recently I have purchased Genius speakers, those that get the power via USB. I was connecting their audio jack to Jolla in order to listen podcast while I am getting up, making myself a breakfast before work.

I was powering speakers by a charger which goes to the power socket in the wall.

After a couple of days (or may be immediately?) I have noticed some whistling sound that comes from Jolla, if I keep it in my hands. If I don't, then speakers are working okay, and no noise noticeable.

Now, I am connecting Jolla to the big Genius speakers, that get the power from the power socket (without usb) and again, I listen whistling. When I stop media playback, then no whistling is there.

If I connect Jolla to the AUX port of the media player in the car, again, there is whistling.

Did I somehow damage the sound chip? If this is software, what can I do about it?

Thank you.

The Following User Says Thank You to norayr For This Useful Post:
and when I use headphones, quality is good and clear.

checked once again, too much noise, when playback. no noise if I pause. noise like the noise which was coming from the audio tapes. with big speakers. with small speakers - whistling.

Tags
audio, jolla, sailfish, sound, whistle