Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by sondjata View Post
Click and hold for Caps lock? Not cute. Just slowed down the usage of the onscreen KB.
The upward sliding stroke is working much better in this release (on N800) - this stroke capitalises (or shifts) whatever tile is beneath the stylus... this has been badly broken for the last two or three firmware releases (since the touchscreen sensitivity was increased).

Not as handy as a permanent CAPS LOCK key but it might prove useful. I can't say I need or use a CAPS LOCK key that often which is possibly why it's been relegated to where it is now. I'm sure I'll miss it at some point though!

The Following User Says Thank You to Milhouse For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by tosser View Post
Does Skype work on this release? Sorry if this was brought up and answered already. Browsing on my Treo with EVDO discourages me to use the search feature.
Yes. And with a Bluetooth headset too - confirmed with a Motorola headset, and "two very long Skype phone calls without any problems".

Downloading from the repositories is a bit of a nightmare right now - the servers are either still getting slammed or have totally shut down.

I have an N800
With the OS2008 beta I was able to view the following mp4 files in Media player

But with this final version I am NOT :-(

Anyone else?

I have the following in my RSS reader (Used to be in Video center)
PodshowTV for Nokia
http://www.podshow.com/collection/79056.xml

but the mp4 files it contains says "File format not supported" when I open it in Media player.

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ New York City
with os2008, my igo stowaway bluetooth keyboard can on longer pair with n800. it worked under os2007. I followed the pairing steps for os2007. did i do anything wrong?

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by zman View Post
with os2008, my igo stowaway bluetooth keyboard can on longer pair with n800. it worked under os2007. I followed the pairing steps for os2007. did i do anything wrong?
Did you check the Bluetooth Keyboard option under Control Panels?

yes, i selected "generic 105-key pc".

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Finland
Tell me guys, is there A2DP support in this official release? I´ve been waiting for it like a grazy to get my bh-604 headphones to work properly.

Posts: 469 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montana
I paired mine again today with the new OS. I'd give it another try. Make sure the keyboard is in visible mode, make sure you're typing number for the code via the Fn key, and don't forget the "enter" at the end.

The Following User Says Thank You to Moonshine For This Useful Post:
n800 could see the Bluetooth keyboard, but failed at pairing. I did use the Fn key and hit "enter".

Posts: 751 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ East Gowanus
n800 could see the Bluetooth keyboard, but failed at pairing. I did use the Fn key and hit "enter".
zman I had an issue with this and was pulling my hair out when I upgraded to the beta 2008. I could connect everything including headsets etc... I never did find out what was wrong but it did eventually connect after about 15 attempts?! Try a reboot of the device I know that was part of what I did.