With the fm radio I should be allowed to click on NY and listen to the ny stations right? Even if i'm in North Carolina....

I'm able to pickup the local stations here in greensboro , but the music here sucks so i'm trying to pickup z100 which is 100.3 but that station playing some crap music so its prob picking up the freq from here even if i select ny.....i put in the post for bugzilla 3 weeks ago...guess takes long

If New York FM radio stations have a broadcasting station near your or if their signal is strong enough to reach you, you should be able to hear NY stations in NC... but I highly doubt you can.

oooo so it aint how i thought it would work, it only works for your local area...can you do me a flavor....head over to z100.com when you get a chance. click on listen link at the top right and let me know the reason why it doesnt play? because i aint able to play the stream from the n800 i'm using os2007

Posts: 238 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on May 2006 @ New Mexico, USA
The FM radio in the tablets is an over-the-air radio receiver... not an internet radio.

Regards...

Omega

The Following User Says Thank You to omegaone37 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Gadget25 View Post
oooo so it aint how i thought it would work, it only works for your local area...can you do me a flavor....head over to z100.com when you get a chance. click on listen link at the top right and let me know the reason why it doesnt play? because i aint able to play the stream from the n800 i'm using os2007
I tried their stream from the web site using MicroB in OS2008 and it didn't work.

Their FAQ says this
Question: How do I stream if I am a LINUX user?
Answer: You can download the mplayer plug-in for Firefox.
http://www.linux-sxs.org/multimedia/mplayermozplug.html
But I don't know if a similar plugin is available for this MicroB browser