Dear All!
Does anyone know how to do hard reset on N810? Not that one decribed in manual which does not delete installed apps?
I wonder if there is a way to do factory reset on N810?
I installed some apps and I can't remove those - if anybody knows how to bring N810 back to factory settings.
THANKS!!!

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Wilmington, NC
Flash the OS again..

to flash the OS...

go to http://www.nseries.com/index.html#l=products,n810 and click on "Update your Software"

If on a PC you can download the Nokia Internet Tablet Software Update Wizard.

Thanks!
I tried to do that via software update several time and every time right at the end I get an error message that USB cable got disconnected???
I installed some nasty programs and there is no way I can get rid of those.
I wonder if I could do "real" factory restore with deleting all 3rd party programs?
Many thanks!

when you start the n810. keep holding down the start AND fullscreen button. when you see the usb symbol in the top right corner, release the fullscreen button.

No, it did not show USB symbol - I did similar action when upgrading flash - start and swap button.
I wonder if there is a way to restore original image from Nokia N810 itself?
Thanks!

No the Nokia doesnt have storage to keep a 200 some meg image of itself in flash memory. Just follow all the directions from the flash tool and you should be able to default it.

You can also use the control panel to sort of "reset" the device. Click Control Panel then click the menu of it on the top left and goto Tools > Restore original settings or clear device. both of those options will leave some files intact...not a pure reset like re-flashing it however.

From the help file.
Restore original settings : "...This funtion does not affect the content you have created..."

Clear device data : "...this funtion does not affect the applets you have installed..."

I hope this helps

Last edited by Karwee; 2007-12-07 at 21:47.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Karwee For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Karwee View Post
No the Nokia doesnt have storage to keep a 200 some meg image of itself in flash memory. Just follow all the directions from the flash tool and you should be able to default it.

You can also use the control panel to sort of "reset" the device. Click Control Panel then click the menu of it on the top left and goto Tools > Restore original settings or clear device. both of those options will leave some files intact...not a pure reset like re-flashing it however.

From the help file.
Restore original settings : "...This funtion does not affect the content you have created..."

Clear device data : "...this funtion does not affect the applets you have installed..."

I hope this helps
well, I would like to do complete reset deleting all user preinstalled programs.

The Following User Says Thank You to SSL2007 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by SSL2007 View Post
Thanks!
I tried to do that via software update several time and every time right at the end I get an error message that USB cable got disconnected???
I installed some nasty programs and there is no way I can get rid of those.
I wonder if I could do "real" factory restore with deleting all 3rd party programs?
Many thanks!
y,

you´re probably pressing the wrong button! It did hapened to me too! Se this diagram, the right key is de "swap" key (number 11 in the diagram)!

http://members.cox.net/newbury/hardocp/n810diagram.jpg

Hope I helped.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to calavera For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Originally Posted by calavera View Post
y,

you´re probably pressing the wrong button! It did hapened to me too! Se this diagram, the right key is de "swap" key (number 11 in the diagram)!

http://members.cox.net/newbury/hardocp/n810diagram.jpg

Hope I helped.
The last post is almost three years old. I doubt you helped anyone.