Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ France
i'd like to use a handwriting application , i ve just seen the pen pen http://maemo.org/downloads/product/Maemo5/penpen/ and it says "PenPen StetchBook is a replacement of the built- in app "Sketch" "
what is this buit-in application "skretch", and where can i find it ?

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Switzerland
The sketch application is in the main Menue (scroll down) the icon is a white paper with a blue pen. But if you want a really good handwriting app, i recommend you "xournal".

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slartibartfass For This Useful Post:
Posts: 267 | Thanked: 408 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Austria
Sketch should be pre-installed on your Maemo device and can be found in the applications manager under... well, your local name for "Sketch". So maybe... ébauche or something like that?

Though, which application would be the best depends on what you want to use it for.

Sketch is perfect for taking short (short!) notes, for example. If you want "true" handwriting (something that also looks like your actual handwriting) on an expandable canvas, MyPaint might be a better choice, but it might just as well be a bit overkill. I don't know about PenPen, but provided from the description it sounds rather interesting.

I guess you'll have to download all of them and just give them a try to decide which one really suits your needs.
(And I'm going to download PenPen now - that sounds REALLY interesting! )

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Switzerland
I've also tried penpen, i's really good, simpler than xournal and better than sketch.

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ France
i founded sketch (croquis in french enviroment) i tried the xournal, i like it very much. It has the lines like real notebook