Active Topics

Posts: 70 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Milan - Italy
can you help me to do this?

I have two N800 and want to share some files.
I don't want to use bluetooth () but the wlan.

tnx

Posts: 110 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
You could setup an ad-hoc WLAN between the two, I think? Or just use an exsting WAP assuming you have one. Then use rsync, or ssh/scp, to copy the files around.

Or, if you don't mind USB, then setup one for USG host mode, and then you will see the other's SD cards on the host one.

You can use ad-hoc and ssh/scp very well.

There are two ports of gftp out there that will work on maemo for an SSH/SFTP/SCP GUI, I made this one that's a tarball, there's another that's a deb (search forums), but neither is hildonized.

I'va a win shared folder that I use mounting it with the "mount -t cifs" command.
Now I want to do the same with my N800. How can I share a N800 folder? I tried to edit the smb.conf file and reload the smbd daemon but I donno how to create users/passw.

Thanks

I've not tried Samba/CIFS on the tablet. I use pdbedit to do pw/user control for Samba on my deskstop.

Originally Posted by Lupin3d View Post
I'va a win shared folder that I use mounting it with the "mount -t cifs" command.
Now I want to do the same with my N800. How can I share a N800 folder? I tried to edit the smb.conf file and reload the smbd daemon but I donno how to create users/passw.

Thanks
no one? (fanoush? )

Last edited by Lupin3d; 2008-02-29 at 10:10.

I don't think this should be Maemo-specific; why not do just what you'd normally do on any Linux box with Samba?