Mark Dilllon should be CEO again. I mean, he is by far the most recognizable (important in the real world) and seems more energetic. I don't think most of my friends who are interested in Jolla even know they changed to Tomi...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Akkumaru For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
I saw Jolla responding to a tweet pointing to that, & saying it was specs already known/shared.
https://twitter.com/JollaHQ/status/401267137391517697

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 891 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Royaume Uni.
Well, I ordered in the first hour and I didn't get an invitation to buy

The Following User Says Thank You to NokiaFanatic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Akkumaru View Post
Mark Dilllon should be CEO again. I mean, he is by far the most recognizable (important in the real world) and seems more energetic. I don't think most of my friends who are interested in Jolla even know they changed to Tomi...
Agree. Who is Tomi

Originally Posted by NokiaFanatic View Post
Well, I ordered in the first hour and I didn't get an invitation to buy
That's the type of thing that makes the release clouded.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-11-15 at 13:37.

Ive tweeted at them. Is it the 100 euro pre orders that are getting shipped on the 27th or does it include the 40euro and the 0euro even

I remember both 100€ and 40€ preorders included the "1st in the queue" feature - one possibility is that Jolla has a sequence, they won't tell you which number you are in that sequence, and they will be offering those 450 precious devices to the first 450 individuals who preordered the options that had the "1st in the queue" feature.

Now, read between the lines: this doesn't necessarily mean that if you preordered in the first day (or hour!) [and your address is in one of the "supported" countries], you will get the device. If more than 450 preorders from supported countries have been made in the same day (or hour!), then there is a chance that you won't get it, even if preordered in the same day (or hour!).

Another possibility is that this is all BS and Jolla is just doing whatever. We won't know this, as we didn't get the sequence numbers in advance. Even if they gave them away now, there will still be the possibility that they were tampered with.

Sadly, there is no strong evidence of anything, except that there are a few folks who got the email, and probably others who don't read/post in TMO. At the end of the day, 450 is a very low number if they are certain they'll sell in the 100s of 1000s.

Am not fussed about the 450 devices tbh, just if 0 euro pre orders get shipped as a pre order

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Åbo, Finland
A lot of talk about ordering in the first hour. I got the invitation from dna and if I remember correctly I ordered quite a few hours after the site went up (still first day).
It's a pity I have obligatory studying during the release

The Following User Says Thank You to wred_e For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
So it means they will start doing on-line shipping right away as well?

When and where will Jolla launch first?

The launch party is on 27 November at Narinkka Square in Helsinki, Finland, where DNA will setup a pop-up store and deliver the world’s first pre-ordered Jolla. At the event a total of 450 Jollas will be sold to customers who have pre-ordered their phones in the first pre-booking campaign. At the same time, we will start mail deliveries in the order of pre-bookings.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
At the end of the day, 450 is a very low number if they are certain they'll sell in the 100s of 1000s.
450 is not a low number at all, if they all have to be crammed into the DNA store in Helsinki at the same time.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:

Tags
"pretty soon", funniest line, jolla, pipo party, sailfish, tmo red