Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Yup same problem here...It auto-sets to landscape orientation at every start-up of app...
I only get the problem of orienation locking to landscape if I swipe to close the app whilst the movie is playing. Otherwise the orientation is opens up as I've previously set it i.e. automatic.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sts1976 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 292 | Thanked: 294 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Milan, Italy
Originally Posted by sts1976 View Post
I only get the problem of orienation locking to landscape if I swipe to close the app whilst the movie is playing. Otherwise the orientation is opens up as I've previously set it i.e. automatic.
I can confirm that.

The Following User Says Thank You to Watchmaker For This Useful Post:
I am getting an error: "Cannot play video due to network error" It only started within the last few hours. It only affects Youtube playback, as Daily Motion videos play normally. The regular Youtube web-based service works fine, and Youtube is not down according to a web search. Other videos from Vimeo app are playing normally, too.

I've tried closing and restarting the app, killall cutetube, rebooting several times, switching between cutetube player and other players--nothing works so far. Conky did show Cutetube taking up a bunch of system memory during one trial, and the killall command worked, but the playback issue remained. Any ideas? I will uninstall/reinstall as a next step, but I'm headed to bed now.

I did activate the new Tweak B from N9QuickTweaks that enables screen rotation for QML apps, but I'm not sure there's any relation to the issue.

Any ideas? Is anyone else getting this on Harmattan Cutetube?

EDIT: uninstall/reinstall didn't solve the issue with Youtube playback. I tried repeatedly clicking on a video (as in click, see what happens, click, see what happens, etc.) to investigate. When I did, one of several things would happen: (1) once every 10 trials, the video would play as expected, (2) 2-3 times out ten, the program would crash or freeze (screen non-responsive), (3) 6-7 out of 10 times "Cannot play video due to network error" or "cannot play due to format" or something like that.

Last edited by Hacker; 2012-12-20 at 05:07. Reason: Update

^I'm getting errors while trying to play videos on the fremantle version as well. Maybe youtube changed something.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Acidspunk For This Useful Post:
Is there still a plan to bring portrait orientation playback to the N9? I read a comment by thedead1440 talking about it--are there any new details on a version with this feature? I would dig it . . .

The Following User Says Thank You to Hacker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
Is there still a plan to bring portrait orientation playback to the N9? I read a comment by thedead1440 talking about it--are there any new details on a version with this feature? I would dig it . . .
Yes. The update is currently in the final testing stage. The changelog is:
  • Portrait video playback with access to comments and related videos.
  • cuteTube set as default handler for YouTube/Dailymotion video URLs.
  • Option to set a network proxy.
  • Some minor bug fixes.

My website

GitHub

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
I am still getting some duplicate entries in the event/notification view. I don't have this issue with my Daily Motion account, but I do see it with my Youtube account. What's strange is that the feed starts correctly (with one correct entry) but then starts generating a second, then a third, and even fourth or fifth copy of the original entry.

I tried to run a search on this topic, but came up empty. I know Marxian improved this problem with version 1.4.0, so I did some exploration.

Once I got the duplicate entries, I cleared the Cutetube videos from my event feed using the long press menu. Next, I opened Cutetube, went to both my YouTube and then Daily Motion subscription vids, and rebooted my device with Cutetube still open. After start-up, I reopened Cutetube, went back to both my YouTube and Daily Motion subscription vids, and the correct entries appeared on the event feed. I then closed Cutetube. Even with Cutetube closed, the YouTube entries on my event feed began to duplicate, then triple, and then sometimes even quadruple, until there were four identical entries from Cutetube. I wasn't using Cutetube (the app was closed), but the duplicates kept coming spontaneously.

Is there a terminal command or other approach to fix this? Does anyone else have this issue?

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
I am still getting some duplicate entries in the event/notification view. I don't have this issue with my Daily Motion account, but I do see it with my Youtube account. What's strange is that the feed starts correctly (with one correct entry) but then starts generating a second, then a third, and even fourth or fifth copy of the original entry.

I tried to run a search on this topic, but came up empty. I know Marxian improved this problem with version 1.4.0, so I did some exploration.

Once I got the duplicate entries, I cleared the Cutetube videos from my event feed using the long press menu. Next, I opened Cutetube, went to both my YouTube and then Daily Motion subscription vids, and rebooted my device with Cutetube still open. After start-up, I reopened Cutetube, went back to both my YouTube and Daily Motion subscription vids, and the correct entries appeared on the event feed. I then closed Cutetube. Even with Cutetube closed, the YouTube entries on my event feed began to duplicate, then triple, and then sometimes even quadruple, until there were four identical entries from Cutetube. I wasn't using Cutetube (the app was closed), but the duplicates kept coming spontaneously.

Is there a terminal command or other approach to fix this? Does anyone else have this issue?
The method used to retrieve videos for the event feed has been overhauled for version 1.5.0. It's been in testing for the last few weeks, and there are no more duplicate entries.

The event feed is updated by a separate process, so closing the application does not stop the feed updates. To do this, you need to disable the event feed updates from the Harmattan settings application.

My website

GitHub

Update! Version 1.5.0 is now in the Nokia store. Thanks, Marxian.

EDIT: The portrait orientation playback works great. Big win.

Last edited by Hacker; 2013-01-26 at 01:51.

while Portrait playback is a welcomed feature, I find it rather "fiddly" for my own usage.

For example, while I am lying down watching a video on landscape, an "accidental" flip on the device made it goes to portrait mode. So if I rotate it back to "landscape", it will be in minimized mode until I press full screen again.

I wished that "full landscape" mode (on video) can be the default viewing behavior until I pressed the "minimize button", then I can go portrait or landscape mode which ever way I want.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kai_en For This Useful Post:

Tags
cutetube, harmattan, youtube