Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by zappa View Post
I sent you a donation, get a six pack of good beer on me.
TYVM!!! In fact, I just got the approval from the wife to get me an N900 so all of the donations I've received to this point went towards that. Still had to finance a bunch of it but I should be getting one soon!

I appreciate all the support from everyone. I'll keep these packages moving towards extras and will do/port some more once I get my new phone and can actually use what I make .

I'm going to try re-uploading pianobar to the repo's today so those of you with devel may see an update.. it's not an update - it's just me changing version number to try and unscrew the building system so I can promote it.

I also will get the N8x0 version re-built.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Hmm, I searched through the thread real quick and it seems that the app is optified. But when I install it from extras it takes up alot of rootfs (the dependencies maybe?)

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
TYVM!!! In fact, I just got the approval from the wife to get me an N900 so all of the donations I've received to this point went towards that.
Awesome congrats!!!!

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Hmm, I searched through the thread real quick and it seems that the app is optified. But when I install it from extras it takes up alot of rootfs (the dependencies maybe?)
The only packages that *should* be taking up any space in the roofs are the QT libraries. PyQT4 is optified as is both pianobar packages (even if they weren't both pianobar and pypianobar are extremely small anyway).

However, if this is the first PyQt4 package you've installed I imagine that several of the dependencies have little pieces here and there that could add up.

But, these would be required on any PyQt4 package; and only required to download/install the one time, so once you have them then the rest of the packages in the repository based on it won't take up any space (or shouldn't, if properly optified).

Does your app log have all the packages it loaded for dependencies by chance?

Originally Posted by dkwatts View Post
What link should N8X0 users re-download and re-install???
I updated the original N8x0 post here with the new version for N8x0 users. Tested on my N810 with pyPianobar.

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
OK ALL, call to arms:

We're in testing again!! Help me by (testing of course, then) voting on these two apps so we can fix extras!

--outdated versions--

Need 10 votes ASAP! Don't let us wait months to make it back to extras again and start this fiasco all over!

Last edited by fatalsaint; 2010-04-24 at 02:43.

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
The only packages that *should* be taking up any space in the roofs are the QT libraries. PyQT4 is optified as is both pianobar packages (even if they weren't both pianobar and pypianobar are extremely small anyway).

However, if this is the first PyQt4 package you've installed I imagine that several of the dependencies have little pieces here and there that could add up.

But, these would be required on any PyQt4 package; and only required to download/install the one time, so once you have them then the rest of the packages in the repository based on it won't take up any space (or shouldn't, if properly optified).

Does your app log have all the packages it loaded for dependencies by chance?

I updated the original N8x0 post here with the new version for N8x0 users. Tested on my N810 with pyPianobar.
I've installed it and uninstalled it a few times. But I go from around 40 MB free to 31 MB free in rootfs after an install. Here's the log..

Code:
hildon-application-manager 2.2.52.2
-----
Installing pypianobar 1.0-4
apt-worker: free space (/) = 42074112
apt-worker: free space (/home/user/MyDocs/.apt-archive-cache/) = 16338452480
required disk space: 5757442
apt-worker: free space (/) = 42074112
Selecting previously deselected package libqt4-webkit.
(Reading database ... 37505 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking libqt4-webkit (from .../libqt4-webkit_4.5.3~git20090723-0maemo6+0m5_armel.deb) ...
Selecting previously deselected package python2.5-qt4-webkit.
Unpacking python2.5-qt4-webkit (from .../python2.5-qt4-webkit_4.7-maemo7_armel.deb) ...
Selecting previously deselected package python2.5-qt4-network.
Unpacking python2.5-qt4-network (from .../python2.5-qt4-network_4.7-maemo7_armel.deb) ...
Selecting previously deselected package pypianobar.
Unpacking pypianobar (from .../pypianobar_1.0-4_all.deb) ...
Setting up libqt4-webkit (4.5.3~git20090723-0maemo6+0m5) ...
Setting up python2.5-qt4-network (4.7-maemo7) ...
Setting up python2.5-qt4-webkit (4.7-maemo7) ...
Setting up pypianobar (1.0-4) ...

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
I've installed it and uninstalled it a few times. But I go from around 40 MB free to 31 MB free in rootfs after an install. Here's the log..
That is really weird. I checked all 4 packages you have in your log there and there was some in the non opt directories but.. not 9MB worth..

I did notice that, at least in my SDK environment, the PyQT so's weren't actually optified..

Now that I'm paying attention.. this directory:
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/PyQt4/

Is actually 9.6MB in size. Take a look there and see if yours is the same. That's probably where it came from.

Yeah, mine is 8.1 MB in size, though what does that mean the app is installing non-optified dependencies or is that from another application?

Those are the PyQt4 dependencies of all Python+QT apps. Unfortunately there isn't anything I can do about those .

I'm guessing these are the QT parts that attila77 was talking about in his PyQt4 thread.

Oh well, I was planning on doing a full reflash of my N900 anyway once PR 1.2 came out. Might as well have fun with low rootfs space until the time comes. =P

Thanks alot, looking forward to trying this app out!

Edit: Hmm trying out the version from extras-testing. I don't think creating a station works (where it asks you to input an Artist or a Title of a song, choose whether it's an artist or track, then select it from the drop down). I've noticed it doesn't say ARTIST NAME Radio. It just says ARTIST NAME and doesn't play anything. Closing the application and opening it back up turns it into ARTIST NAME Radio and then it plays.

Last edited by Laughing Man; 2010-04-22 at 02:12.

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post: