Notices

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Malaysia
hi... just recently I added a few new songs to my library and wanted to search for the album (The Pick of Destiny - Tenacious D) but the search option just searches and ends up with nothing... tested it with other popular names like MJ and still no search results...

.. something wrong with the app update?

Hi - I am one of those people with thousands of songs, from CDs (albums) I've purchased and ripped.

I have used Mussorgsky with great success, however I have a slight issue.

The first time I used it, it was able to scan for locally stored cover art, on an album or rather, folder by folder basis. I use .m4a and include and image, always called 'cover.jpg'.

Is there an easy way, as per the first time Mussorgsky is used, to scan and search for local art, i.e. 'cover.jpg'?

I noticed that people have suggested using images from the n900 filesystem. Well mine is already included and waiting to be used.

It seems that Mussorgsky only allows for web searches...

Can I reset a preference file so that Mussorgsky thinks it's a new install and searches for local media art?

Thanks.

BTW good work!

Last edited by oweng; 2010-12-08 at 22:47.

The Following User Says Thank You to oweng For This Useful Post:
Posts: 80 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Long Island, New York
Originally Posted by ifrade View Post
8. "Editing metadata seldom works": that was fixed some time ago and it should work. I use it every now and then without any problem. Start mussorgsky in a terminal, and open a bug /send me an email with the output there when it fails.
I know you said to email you and I will copy this to your email but I figured I'd post it here as well in case anyone else can help in your absence since you said you'd be busy

Code:
- $ mussorgsky
Tracker backend up
OK
FlowConStilo - 2009 -> /home/user/.thumbnails/cropped/1e161e1b1769f518a4c33206c6194f7.jpeg
Inserting El Patron
El Patron -> /home/user/.thumbnails/cropped/c15ff61bd4cf7782abd083f26ff6329.jpeg
This is me changing the album name on a song I've been working on changing with mussorgsky for about a week.. I've changed it numerous times but after I'm done the album name reverts. I was able to change the cover art, artist name and track title but the album will not change. Different parts of different mp3s seem to resist change. Some tracks refuse to change the album title, some refuse to change the tracks title and some refuse to change the artist's name. And there are those tracks with any variation or combination of these symptoms. i don't know what causes different files to act in such a way but to your credit, I have way more tracks that change with no problem than those that are stubborn like this. I wonder if it is your application or some strange property of the mp3s I use? Could it be my library size? There are only 1400 songs on my n900.

AND! finally my own ideas:

A. Nobody mentioned the lack of a "delete" button! If you run into a song you don't want, you need to find it again in the MP and remove it.
Agreed!

B. The "play" button is useful at all? Change it to "pause" when the music is playing is probably another detail to fix, but i guess nobody is really using it (which means nobody was editing songs copied from an ipod )
I noticed this last week coincidentally

C. To choose an image from the filesystem as album-art is the greatest hit in my requests list.
AGREED!!!!> This is one of my biggest feature requests. Because many of my music folders have album art included

Lover of Music, Technology & Travel
If I'm not logged in, I'm probably jetsetting to a city near you...

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Helsinki
Mussorgsky just store the album art in the specified location, and writes the metadata into the files, so it is completely independent from the music application you use. Ask the "instintive" developers to use the platform-wise album-art.

A new version of mussorgsky (0.5.2) with some fixes has been released. No new features yet.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ifrade For This Useful Post:

Tags
albumart, improvement, mediaplayer, mussogorsky