Notices

looking forward to this, would be very useful!

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
Originally Posted by s33k3rgr View Post
I dont know what to say. I bow before you. But Nokia should have released a gamepad along with N900. Shame it didnt happen.
What would you do if you saw Zeemote, that Nokia used to team up with, almost went out of business?

I have yet to see a good selling mobile gamepad.
I have a Sony Ericsson gamepad, work with SE phone with port before K700, I know no one have heard of that.

And I believe the majority of N900 user are not in hardcore gaming that need a gamepad.

Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by puffo83 View Post
I know my Sixaxis MacAddress, i connect it to my Yellow Dog Linux in PS3 over USB and retrive it.
Is possible connect to my N900 directly in Bluetooth with my MacAddress?
No, it works the other way around.
PS3 controllers use device initiated connections, so you need to tell your controller which device it needs to connect to. This is what ./sixpair is for - it enters your PC (or any arbitrary given) BT address into the controller.

Sorry for the delayed answers, but the forum is not sending e-mail notifications to me, again...

Originally Posted by mcdull View Post
What would you do if you saw Zeemote, that Nokia used to team up with, almost went out of business?
Which of the Zeemote supported devices are able to connect to TV and run thousands of games? (before N900)

I guess Zeemote was ahead of times/demand.

Originally Posted by DaSilva View Post
Does DrNokSNES recognize the buttons from the controller so that you can assign them easily?
What about that smoku?
Thanks

IIRC DrNokSNES does not support joystick.

Smoku, i use GlovePIE 0.30 (Windows) for setup sixaxis with MacAddress of my N900! The result:

This message appears 5 - 6 times even if I click on OK.
After the sixaxis turn off.
In /dev/input not appears js0 why?

You can send me the widget you've created for the SIXAXIS which can be seen on page 2 of this discussion?

Originally Posted by puffo83 View Post
Smoku, i use GlovePIE 0.30 (Windows) for setup sixaxis with MacAddress of my N900! The result:

This message appears 5 - 6 times even if I click on OK.
After the sixaxis turn off.
In /dev/input not appears js0 why?
You need to run sixaxisd on N900 first.

The Following User Says Thank You to smoku For This Useful Post:
You can send me the sixaxisd compiled for N900? thank very very much! send to
Code:
puffo83@libero.it

Originally Posted by smoku View Post
IIRC DrNokSNES does not support joystick.
That is sad. Would it be possible to bind the buttons from the PS3 controller to keys and then to assign that key to DrNokSNES?
Example: Bind the PS3 button "X" to the keyboard character "Z" and then assign the virtual button "A" in DrNokSNES to the linked character "Z" which will be triggered by the "X" button from the PS3 controller?
Could be a nice workaround because most of the native N900 games are designed for touchscreen and a dedicated controller wouldn't be necessary but it makes sense for emulators.

The Following User Says Thank You to DaSilva For This Useful Post: