Notices

Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
german:

XB-Maemo-Display-Name-de_ger: Zusätzliche Codec Unterstützung (personally I would like to stay with Extra Decoders Support in german...)
XB-Description-de_ger: Unterstützung für zusätzliche Video- und Audiocodecs im Media Player.
I am pretty sure the locale needs to be de_de not de_ger.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ampaze For This Useful Post:
Posts: 284 | Thanked: 498 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Poland
I'll look into ASF and RealMedia streaming, but don't keep your hopes up, it's probably a limitation of the Media Player, adding the required decoders would most likely not change its behaviour.

Thanks for translations, I'll incorporate them in the new version after 0.3 gets into Extras. Keep them coming!

As for the error that makes your device sluggish and/or makes files disappear from the Media Player... sometimes the trackerd service does not restart after adding mimetypes. When you then start the Media Player, it triggers trackerd to wake up, but it will fail to re-index files in my experience. You need to turn your device off and on again, start Media Player and wait for a long while, the device may become sluggish while indexing/thumbnailing videos. Maybe it's because I'm using PR1.1 and tracker is more stable here than in PR1.0, but I'm running a 0.3.1 test version with absolutely no issues.

In any case, if anything unusual happens, please, please run tracker-status as a normal user (not root) in the terminal and let me know of the output. There's also a log file under /home/user/.local/share/tracker/trackerd.log that might have interesting information.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tomaszd For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
german:

XB-Maemo-Display-Name-de_ger: Zusätzliche Codec Unterstützung (personally I would like to stay with Extra Decoders Support in german...)
XB-Description-de_ger: Unterstützung für zusätzliche Video- und Audiocodecs im Media Player.
Why did suddenly "Decoders" become "Codec" in German?

Last edited by Tomaszd; 2010-01-05 at 11:25.

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Joe would be more familiar with something like this, don't you think?

XB-Maemo-Display-Name-de_DE: Erweiterte A/V Formatunterstützung
XB-Description-de_DE: Unterstützung zusätzlicher Video- und Audioformate im Media Player.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by ampaze View Post
I am pretty sure the locale needs to be de_de not de_ger.
thanks, edited...

Originally Posted by chemist View Post
Joe would be more familiar with something like this, don't you think?

XB-Maemo-Display-Name-de_DE: Erweiterte A/V Formatunterstützung
XB-Description-de_DE: Unterstützung zusätzlicher Video- und Audioformate im Media Player.
you're right, that's better...

Last edited by zehjotkah; 2010-01-05 at 11:40.

Alright, German and French translations are in the source code repository. As I've previously mentioned, I won't be releasing anything new until the 0.3 version lands in Extras. Keep those translations coming

Originally Posted by Moolan View Post
Ditto. Would be great if it would support asf streaming for online radio.
Double ditto on .asf. I've been waiting years to be able to listen to XM Radio online...thought I was there with flash support on the 900, but no joy.

Flac files aren't being picked up by my media player at all. They play when I open them with File Manager but aren't picked up in media player. Also no tag information (Flac IDV3) is being read and seek is disabled. Is there something I'm missing or are these limitations of the plugin?

Originally Posted by Morphic View Post
Flac files aren't being picked up by my media player at all. They play when I open them with File Manager but aren't picked up in media player. Also no tag information (Flac IDV3) is being read and seek is disabled. Is there something I'm missing or are these limitations of the plugin?
This is sort-of being talked about in another thread:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...028#post478028

It appears that after the Pr1.1 update, extras decoders support v0.3 with ogg support v1.05 no longer recognizes flac tags but can still play the files ok. this has been confirmed by another user MrThunderfield.

I will try installing the separate ogg support v1.6rc1 when the servers are online.

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Italian translation

XB-Maemo-Display-Name: Supporto per decoder supplementari
XB-Description: Supporto per decoder audio e video aggiuntivi per il lettore multimediale