Notices

Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
It's basically the same file as the original though.
Just not picked from the Pebble servers.
So it should be possible to upload it.

Though I advise against it, do not support it and can't be hold responsible if your watch becomes a paper holder etc. etc.

The Following User Says Thank You to smoku For This Useful Post:
Posts: 9 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Wroclaw, Poland
off: well, at least while Pebble do not support all encodings for text messages - custom FW is the only one option f.ex. for Russian

Posts: 237 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mittelfranken, Germany
I recall mention of some GPS issues in the earlier posts of this thread. Was there any solution to it?

I have some apps which work fine pulling information from GPS while others can't find any location.

working:
Minimalist Weather
Weather 2.0

not working:
World Metric 2
GetMeOut

Any idea why? All of them are supposed to work without any companion app.

Originally Posted by Amboss View Post
All of them are supposed to work without any companion app.
Maybe this is the problem - the only GPS support we have is available for companion js-app.

The Following User Says Thank You to smoku For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
I guess I should put that into a library so that all smartwatch programs can benefit. It will be useful to implement the new actionable notifications supported by the new Pebble firmwares.
Aaand I've just started doing that:
https://git.javispedro.com/cgit/libwatchfish.git/
Still in development though, and does not support actions, etc. But it can detect dismissed notifications and editions.

The goal is to build a utility library to save some "code duplication" from all different types of Sailfish smartwatch programs, which can be statically linked or included. Not a complicated framework or anything like that. Both my Toq and Gear 2 programs are now using it.

In the future I hope to add the MPRIS client/media player from pebbled, and maybe some other features (e.g. reading calendar?). Feel free to send in patches or fork in Github, etc.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Just released 1.1

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to smoku For This Useful Post:
Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Originally Posted by smoku View Post
Maybe this is the problem - the only GPS support we have is available for companion js-app.
I can't get it to work. The native browser can use GPS, but e.g. Maptastic or Get Back To can't get a position on the watch. I noticed, even with these apps active, the GPS-active icon on the phone doesn't appear. Is there an app which is known to work, so I can test?

For me Yelp! works without problem. But only if I am not on Wlan. Everytime I enable Wlan location for Yelp! stops working.

Originally Posted by Fuzzillogic View Post
Is there an app which is known to work, so I can test?
I use Crowex watchface as my main and it gets my local weather just fine.

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Crowex seems to be able to get some location, but I'm not too sure it's the correct one. Yelp works, but might use geolocation based on IP. Pity. I was hoping Get Back To or an alternative works, as that might come in handy at times.

Also, neither webcat nor webpirate can get the current geolocation, but I don't know if that's because of this issue, or it simply isn't implemented. Since they also use Qt's webview instead of Gecko, it might be related.

Some serendipity though: scrolling in the app store is really hard. But I noticed that if you first move your finger to the left, and then up/down, it works consistently. Seems like there's some conflict on what to scroll: the webview content or the Silica-stuff around. Or something like that.

The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzillogic For This Useful Post:

Tags
pebble, pebble time, pebbled