Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
I'm doing it right now and will report in a few minutes if it worked for me.

Fellfrosh, did you explicitly use zypper up before getting your issue, when installing applications from Openrepos, or just Storeman?

[Edit] SIM card is back. We need more cookies for TheKit.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2019-12-22 at 22:54.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Beware that double tap to wake is out after the update, due to F(x)tec having disabled it:

Touch Panel freezing issue has been removed. However "Double Tap to Wake" is temporary disables because we found the freezing issue is related with double tap. We will do more research and re-enable this feature in the future.
https://community.fxtec.com/topic/25...#comment-35187

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
We need more cookies for TheKit.
Cookies (or beverages for slightly easier coding) incoming <3

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Update of the us-intl layout to use Yellow arrow modifiers for level 3 characters instead of Alt.

Works only with the kernel updated by TheKit on 2019/12/23. If you haven't updated the kernel, you cannot use the yellow arrow modifiers in SFOS yet.

Using yellow arrows instead of Alt makes key combinations much easier since this modifier is duplicated on the left and the right sides of the keyboard; also easier to combine with Shift for level 4. Note that it is recognized as R_ALT, and therefore works for Alt+Tab (if you have Taskswitcher from Openrepos installed) and is much easier to use than when using the real Alt key.

Unfortunately, R_ALT in Ubu chroot behaves the same way as L_ALT and therefore conflicts with OS-wide shortcuts (i.e., Yellow Arrow + F will unfold the "File" menu in any window instead of sending a level 3 character…), and therefore there is no way to use level 3 and level 4 characters. :/ This is a significant issue because Ubu chroot is not just some niche gadget to play with xfce4 on a phone, it also is a web browser than can be used as a regular SFOS application (with real benefits).

I wonder if any other keycode could be used for the yellow arrows to avoid this conflict? On my laptop, the Right Alt key does not cause such conflict, and gives the following in xev:

Code:
KeyPress event, serial 35, synthetic NO, window 0x7800001,
    root 0x169, subw 0x0, time 163610917, (109,105), root:(159,212),
    state 0x0, keycode 108 (keysym 0xfe03, ISO_Level3_Shift), same_screen YES,
    XKeysymToKeycode returns keycode: 92
    XLookupString gives 0 bytes: 
    XmbLookupString gives 0 bytes: 
    XFilterEvent returns: False

KeyRelease event, serial 38, synthetic NO, window 0x7800001,
    root 0x169, subw 0x0, time 163610961, (109,105), root:(159,212),
    state 0x80, keycode 108 (keysym 0xfe03, ISO_Level3_Shift), same_screen YES,
    XKeysymToKeycode returns keycode: 92
    XLookupString gives 0 bytes: 
    XFilterEvent returns: False
In Ubu chroot, xev sees yellow arrows as "Multi_key" and keycodes 64 and 108 for left and right. Changing the right yellow arrow to ISO_Level3_Shift using "xmodmap -e "keycode 108 = ISO_Level3_Shift"" did not change its behavior, it still behaves as regular Alt.

[Edit] A partial but not ideal workaround is to set a Compose key in Ubu XFCE4. It still won't allow typing ? or /, however.

In Ubu XFCE4, tap on Applications > Settings > Keyboard > Layout > Compose key. Select: "Right Alt".

After that, the yellow arrow can be used to compose special characters. It kinda works like a sticky key that turns the following key into a derivative special character, or a dead key prior to another key.

Examples:
Yellow arrow (release), o (release), o (release) = °
Yellow arrow (release), . (release), . (release) = …
Yellow arrow (release), a (release), a (release) = å
Yellow arrow (release), ` (release), e (release) = è.

In the latter case, if ` is already mapped as a dead key, there is no need for a compose key, but if it is a normal key, not using the compose key would just result in `e.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2019-12-23 at 03:38.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Ok, I will have a look this evening.
In my last attempt, i just installef Midnight Commander, Setup the keynap file and rebooted. After that the SIM was gone...

So I'm not sure, if it's caused by repository update. Anyway, I will test this evening, if an update brings back for me SIM again.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 134 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ France
Hi guys !

@Kabouik I've seen you have a working Ubuntu chroot. Can you try to make one with Android (or maybe a LXC) ?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Astaoth For This Useful Post:
No way, I don't have any skills to do that. :< I just followed the instructions from elros34 in his Ubu chroot Github repository (see link in first post). I don't know if there is any working Android chroot for SFOS, but I guess we would have heard of it if that was the case.

Speaking of chroot, Ubu Chromium also works as a good file browser and media player (and works when minimized).

In my case, since I experience video playback issues in most native players except Kodi, that can be convenient. Full screen is broken, probably because of the 2:1 ratio, but it's not that small without full screen.

No hw decoding unfortunately.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2019-12-23 at 13:25.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Ok back on my Pro1:
I can confirm, it is enough to install Midnight Commander to kill the SIM Card detection.
I cab also confirm, that upgrading is bringing it to live again.

You all are talking about cookies for @TheKit. Have you found a donation button anywhere? I Haven't found one here nor on github!
Would also like to donate some drinks to the cookies.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Is SD-Card working for you guys? If so, ext4 formated or what and how big? I can't see mine.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
It seems that opening the keyboard now wakes up the screen (4.2.1.20, kernel from 20191223).

Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
Is SD-Card working for you guys? If so, ext4 formated or what and how big? I can't see mine.
No, I do not see mine either (three distinct ext4 partitions, 128 GB total). I remember that SDs this size were an issue in Sailfish X too, maybe it is the same issue.

There is no common donation link for the three porters behind the port project unfortunately, but here is the link for TheKit. Would be cool to have those for Piggz and MisterMagister too.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2019-12-23 at 17:46.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:

Tags
fxtec pro1, sailfish os