Not sure if the cost in the good old GBP has been released, but when typing:

479 dollars in pounds

into Google the following is returned:

479 U.S. dollars = 235.138187 British pounds

But that's not what it is going to cost in the UK, is it?

Still psyched about this release and can't wait to get the new OS on my N800.

Rock on tableteers
ezuall

Posts: 255 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ United Kingdom
We'll see an announcement closer the time of release. Bear in mind that the Nov date is the release date in the US, and not necessarily Europe.

I'll bet it costs £300 RRP, with maybe an initial £20 discount at stores, so a practical with tax price of £279.99. This might fall across the first six months, maybe settling around £249.99.

Prices for gadgets are usually either a dollar for pound equivalence, and in this case that would put the N810 into the silly-expensive league (even for gadget fans). So you're looking at a UK price of two thirds the US figure, which is around £300.

The Asus Eee is breathing down Nokia's neck, and that's got a UK price of around £200. Then there's also the touch, which is also £200. Sure, they're not apples for apples comparison, but they're ultra mobile Net devices. If wanted an ultra mobile device, they'd be on my list.

Posts: 357 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Sunny England :)
I was looking at getting my n800 from the States as I know people over there, but it turned out to be cheaper to buy it directly from Nokia UK, even with the good exchange rate. Hopefully this will be the case with the n810. I think I can ALMOST justify £300 for a keyboard and transflective screen

[
Originally Posted by pixelseventy2 View Post
I was looking at getting my n800 from the States as I
know people over there, but it turned out to be cheaper to buy it directly from Nokia UK,
even with the good exchange rate. Hopefully this will be the case with the n810. I think
I can ALMOST justify £300 for a keyboard and transflective screen
The N800 is now £150 from Play.com. Expect to see other UK retailers follow suit. Play says it will deliver after 30 Oct so my guess is that this isn't simply clearing stock but a new retail price.

Posts: 357 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Sunny England :)
I saw that. And the last I heard was that they may be pricing the n810 at £245 - maybe to compete better with the iPod touch? I hope they do.

At £245 I might consider an N810 but, as always, I'm a little conscious buying something that's so eminently nickable... I remember when the Psion 5 came out. A colleague of mine lived in Brixton and was using one on the bus. As the bus came to a stop, somebody snatched it out of his hands and ran off with it.