personally i cant stand the amount of scrolling.... I'm a busy man people!

Last edited by overfloat; 2009-04-30 at 23:07.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to overfloat For This Useful Post:

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Reggie For This Useful Post:

Case and point for a 1 line post......

Alright.... i'm out
Attached Images

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to overfloat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by overfloat View Post
Case and point for a 1 line post......

Alright.... i'm out
Rather than posting new threads to complain, why not go ahead and file an enhancement request with your suggestions?

Yeah, I find myself coming to these forums less, because I am thoroughly bored by all the talk about how much better the old light bulb was.

The Following User Says Thank You to RobbH For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Rather than posting new threads to complain, why not go ahead and file an enhancement request with your suggestions?
You can't blame overfloat for asking the question.

"Who finds themselves coming to these forums less after the change of image?"

It's a valid question. Can as aesthetics turn people off to coming to a website?

Absolutely, it can.

Not to mention they took the Dark hacker look, and made it into a corporate drone.
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
He's a busy man, dude.

BTW, perhaps redundant threads like these should simply be closed...

IF the new thread has merit it could be merged with an existing thread but that becomes a PITA after awhile.

Simply closing 'em does wonders though.

Edit: I did like your apples and oranges links BTW, overfloat. Forums should also be entertaining, IMHO.

Last edited by YoDude; 2009-05-01 at 00:18. Reason: BTW added

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
He's a busy man, dude.

BTW, perhaps redundant threads like these should simply be closed...

IF the new thread has merit it could be merged with an existing thread but that becomes a PITA after awhile.

Simply closing 'em does wonders though.

Edit: I did like your apples and oranges links BTW, overfloat. Forums should also be entertaining, IMHO.
I should also be able to type Maemo.org and not be harassed. I should also be able to open a thread even if some people don't like it. I am hoping that ITT won't turn into some censored forum run by anal geeks. It seems like the path down this road has perhaps already begun. I hope ITT will continue to be a "FUN" place to visit.
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
I should also be able to type Maemo.org and not be harassed. I should also be able to open a thread even if some people don't like it. I am hoping that ITT won't turn into some censored forum run by anal geeks. It seems like the path down this road has perhaps already begun. I hope ITT will continue to be a "FUN" place to visit.
Put yourself in somebody else's shoes. Do you really think it's "fun" for the people who worked on the theme to come here to lots of complaining? Or fun for people who would rather be doing productive things to have to look at all the complaining?

Fun for you isn't necessarily fun for everybody.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post: