Posts: 144 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by kelkinny2004 View Post
Hmmm....I still feel that Nokia abandoned me and my n810. I love my N810 and have found to be the most useful product in the last few years. We just came back from vacation and it was with me always. (movies/music on the plane <G>)
Heheh, I finally bought an N810 yesterday. Got it pretty cheap now that the N900 is out. Enjoying it very much so far. Nice repackaging of the N800 (my previous N).

I had an N900 on order for 3 months, and then realised I didn't need to pay all that money for a titchy screen I couldn't read, or a mobile phone I didn't want. The integrated GPS and keyboard I've now got with the N810.

Who needs f-king flash 10. Just dumb videos anyhow.

The Following User Says Thank You to ralphb For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
[QUOTE=lfcobra;444809]hulu still working (although sluggishly) on n900 flash 9.4

Hulu went to Flash 10 sometime around the start of 2010. This makes the videos on the site unplayable on the N900.

Posts: 225 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ some where on earth
[QUOTE=kelkinny2004;456627]Hmmm....I still feel that Nokia abandoned me and my n810. I love my N810 and have found to be the most useful product in the last few years. We just came back from vacation and it was with me always. (movies/music on the plane <G>)

But, like others I am starting to find sites that will not work with the version of installed flash.

Kind of frustrating and I too am thinking about Droid...

i have the Droid its cool, but its no tablet
what you should do is just buy the n900
just think, its like buying your n810 for the 1st time
sometime you have to rid yourself of the old and love the new

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Monroe, Washington
[QUOTE=Sadavyk;472070]
Originally Posted by kelkinny2004 View Post
Hmmm....I still feel that Nokia abandoned me and my n810. I love my N810 and have found to be the most useful product in the last few years. We just came back from vacation and it was with me always. (movies/music on the plane <G>)

But, like others I am starting to find sites that will not work with the version of installed flash.

Kind of frustrating and I too am thinking about Droid...

i have the Droid its cool, but its no tablet
what you should do is just buy the n900
just think, its like buying your n810 for the 1st time
sometime you have to rid yourself of the old and love the new
I feel that way too. Is it technically possible to be able to somehow get flash 10 on the N810?

Originally Posted by ralphb View Post
Who needs f-king flash 10. Just dumb videos anyhow.
Given that the only (2) media services I subscribe to use Flash, and the companies have no, and will probably never develop any apps to support Maemo, I would love Flash 10 as that would make my 900 the absolute perfect phone for me.

I can log into XM radio online, something I can't do with my Motorola Q nor my Droid, and see my station presets, but the media player does not show. If I use Firefox, I see and can change the station, but the play/stop buttons to not appear, and neither plays the audio...not sure if this is lack of Flash player or codec support.

Gametap.com...I can see everything, but again, can't install plugins to play the games.

I can log into my slingbox, via web access, but can't install plugins for WinXP/Vista or MAC OS...I have Firefox support though. Not really Flash issue, per se, but same frustration, in that "we have Flash, but its not providing functionality needed for a given site".

Originally Posted by cddiede View Post
How are you watching Hulu on the PS3? Hulu blocked the PS3 browser's user agent string from watching videos months ago.
well until they upgraded to flash 10 i was using proxomitron to edit outgoing packets so that hulu thought my ps3 was an xp computer running firefox. I miss being able to watch my favorite hulu shows on my tv

check out tversity (it also has some WINE support)

Posts: 234 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cincinnati, Ohio USA
Is there Adobe flash 10 for KDE? I have an N800 and KDE is cumbersome without a keyboard but it would be something to consider.

A small wine app that would just run Adobe 10 would be another possibility if it wouldn't be too processor intense.

I rarely try to watch online videos on my N800, so I won't be holding my breath. I have converted a few of my daughters favorite movies to avi to watch offline.

There's no publicly downloadable version of Adobe flash for any ARM machine. The only Adobe Flash for Arm available is the ones included with Maemo4 and Maemo5, which isn't 10.x.

Wine is not an emulator, and thus could not run the windows adobe flash, which is compiled for x86 processors.

You could use qemu-user to run it under wine, but then it'd be more sensible to use the Linux version of adobe flash (which is for x86). The performance will be about 5 frames PER MINUTE or so, I'm guessing.

The Following User Says Thank You to shadowjk For This Useful Post: