Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS7027487400.html

Just a concept so far, but you know your in the future when the models start looking like the cloud city cyborg

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
There's geek, and there's GEEK. Not sure if I would have the bottle to wear summat like this in public. If they could get Oakley to make the tech into sunglasses....

Mind you the competition seems to be catching up - the Smart Q looks like a useful bit of kit http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS7369824937.html

Last edited by gazza_d; 2009-05-11 at 21:34.

Wow, the wearable PC in the OP's link makes you look like a darned cyborg. lol. I wouldn't go with that, but it's nice to see that efforts are being made to make wearable computers. I wonder how long before we start seeing more realistically usable units though.

On a side note, that does look somewhat similar to the original IBM concept ad. So that's a huge plus.

Posts: 143 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Bradford, (England)
i-ncredulous

Posts: 607 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Finland
Mer 0.13 will have images for SmartQ 5

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
That looks pretty awesome. If I had the cash, I'd probably buy one, even if I couldn't wear it outside. Realistically, though, if they get it to market, and sell more than 5, they're getting somewhere. In a few product generations, I might have to look into it. In regards to the "swing-down LCD", they should motorize the boom, and use speech recognition for it. No, it probably won't happen, and would be a waste of money; yes, it would be darn cool! I have to question their rating of 8 hours battery life, though. My N810 lasts me through a day at university (although I sometimes charge it in the early evening), but barely (I also carry a portable battery pack), but that's not with active use, and certainly not streaming RDP or similar... But still, given the specs, that could be fun to play around with.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Oh my.

That's hideous.

But dang I want one!

Posts: 234 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cincinnati, Ohio USA
Originally Posted by gazza_d View Post
There's geek, and there's GEEK. Not sure if I would have the bottle to wear summat like this in public. If they could get Oakley to make the tech into sunglasses....

Mind you the competition seems to be catching up - the Smart Q looks like a useful bit of kit http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS7369824937.html
That Smart-Q looks sharp, and $150 ?!?!?!?. If it has removable/expandable memory and maybe battery that would be hard to beat.... though I'm quite happy with the N800 and if you can find them they are around $125. I'm wondering about the interface, is it 'consumer ready' or more of a hacker device. I'd assume it has consumer interface with all the outer styling.

Already linux so it should be quite hack-able. I'm quite happy with Maemo, but with the drive to put other OS on the N800, I don't know if Maemo is 'the best' option.