Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
The question is how likey it is contracring the virus at the age of 20,40,60,80? How likey to contact healthcare, how likey to get sick, how likey to end up at ICU or end up dead.

The world need more of critical thinking and more useful information than 160 000 dead.
If you at the age of 28,52 and no medicaI codition I would assume it's almost more likely be killed by aliens than die from covid.

Especially if you live far away from Area 51.

Every country should set up a crash course in critical thinking. I do believe that would have saved plenty of lives and a few dollars world wide by now.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2020-08-05 at 23:09.

Posts: 3,139 | Thanked: 8,156 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ From my Gabriola Island hermitage, near the Edge of the World
That is 160 000 dead in the US.

Taking in variables is the important part ...yep.
It doesn't matter the age of the individual.
No one is immune to contracting it.
You body rolls the dice and you have 5 outcomes.
1- you contract it get very sick ...die.
2- you contract it get very sick and almost die if it weren't for serious medical intervention.
3- you contract it and get sick and recover ...
4- you contract it ...and are asymptomatic..
All of the above mean you have also spread the virus with those you come into contact with.
Age means nothing with contracting it
How healthy you are before infection means your chances are better for surviving the infection.

A few other factors...
One must take into account..
The wealth of the nation to be able to feed clothe and shelter its citizens during country wide quarantine.
How good the nations protection of essential services..
Electricity, sewer, running water in citizens homes, internet and phone infrastructure, mail, emergency services police, fire, ambulance and hospital...
Break any section of that chain...
Not take it seriously at any point of the security and protection of this chain of necessity...
And the chain breaks and spread worsens..
Have too many infected..
Emergency services are strained to the point of collapse.
The emergency service personnel get ill...the nurses ...doctors get ill ..
The hospitals end up at capacity...
Sick folks are in the halls..outside..anywhere they can shove them...the level of care plummets due to the inability to properly care for patients..
Choices have to be made due to the lack of supplies....who gets important equipment and attention...
Who dies.
And the situation worsens..

And then there is food security..
Shortages...price increases..lack of the ability of citizens to access food to live..
That is happening right now.
Right now...in the US.

And there are so many linked integrated factors that end with systemic collapses in this scenario.

The effect of this situation is a cautionary study...and cautionary tale of what nations and their citizens should and should not do ...during a pandemic.

All of which impact the rate of infection or its decrease and control...
And finally the death toll involved.

Owner of :
1-n770 (in retirement), 3-n800's / 3-n810's (still in daily use), 5-n900's ((3 are flawless, 1 loose usb ( parts), 1 has no telephony (parts))
3-nexus 5's : 1 w/ Floko Pie 9.1 (running beautifully) waiting for Stable Droid 10 rom, 1 w/ ̶Ubuntu Touch, 1 with Maru OS (intend maemo leste when ready)

1/2 - neo900 pre- "purchased" in 2013. N̶o̶w̶ ̶A̶w̶a̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶e̶w̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ - neo900 start up declared officially dead -
Lost invested funds.

PIMP MY N8X0 (Idiot's Guide and a video walkthrough)http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94294
THE LOST GRONMAYER CATALOGShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ight=gronmayer
N8X0 VIDEO ENCODING THE EASY WAYhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=mediacoder
242gb ON N800http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90634
THE PAIN-FREE MAEMO DEVELOPMENT LIVE DISTRO-ISO FOR THE NOOB TO THE PROhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95567
AFFORDABLE MASS PRODUCTION FOR MAEMO PARTShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93325

Meateo balloons now available @ Dave999's Meateo Emporium

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Yes, so why do we as the humanity mainly count dead and cases. That is what everyone should know. At least some of the context of the numbers.

If you ask some random joes at the street. With current statistics in your area or country. How many people out of 1000 would die from covid?

I think in many areas you would
see amazing result today.

Plus more media attention on all the progress and good things humanity learned during these months would be good too.

Still waiting for the world reaction when the aliens attack. Humanity will be totally clueless.

Last edited by Dave999; 2020-08-05 at 23:50.

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Speaking of Aliens, based on his bizarre behavior, could DT be possessed by aliens? He certainly acts like he is from a different planet...

Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Speaking of Aliens, based on his bizarre behavior, could DT be possessed by aliens? He certainly acts like he is from a different planet...

Maybe, I don't think so. every leader world wide will have or having tricky times justifying this and that. Everyone can't be an alien. But usually when the **** hits the fan. The most unexpected leader will rise, like johnnie Rico.

If you can't see it. You can't kill it. We want big bugs, like in starship troopers. Brain bug to kill and the virus collapse in an instant.

There are only so much world leaders can do at this stage. It comes down to humanity and how we lived our lives with the stuff we got since birth.

This is a ultra marathon and at some point we will realice that we just have to live with it. Learn to live with it. What happens to the privious corona viruses?

Last edited by Dave999; 2020-08-09 at 13:07.

When will you be able to vote? When will the nomination be official?

I wonder how the stock markets react to Trade wars, virus, Brexit, US electation. Might be wise to have some liquidity ready to invest.

In 20 min we will get US statistics and numbers related to employments and recovery.
Last month a few millions more employed than expexted and a great boost. I do expect good numbers today as well even if it will be lower than previous month.

Last edited by Dave999; 2020-08-07 at 12:31.

The environment got a short break in the right direction during this year while the production and waste of the world was low..er. but we are soon back again so next up: flooded cities, forced migration and the Amazon turning to savannah.

It's sad that such a bad thing must happen to humanity to improve things. Terrible virus, and terrible future unless we don't move away from the beaten path.

Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
The environment got a short break in the right direction during this year while the production and waste of the world was low..er. but we are soon back again so next up: flooded cities, forced migration and the Amazon turning to savannah.

It's sad that such a bad thing must happen to humanity to improve things. Terrible virus, and terrible future unless we don't move away from the beaten path.
Well, since one of te greatest hoaxes already succeeded in the 70 or 80’s with the demonization of nuclear power, I say we already lost the environmental game long ago. Maybe one day we can even the score.

It’s so ironical that the biggest nail in the corffin was co-struck by the green movement

Originally Posted by Boxeri View Post
Well, since one of te greatest hoaxes already succeeded in the 70 or 80’s with the demonization of nuclear power, I say we already lost the environmental game long ago. Maybe one day we can even the score.

It’s so ironical that the biggest nail in the corffin was co-struck by the green movement

Can't be a green movement until china, US, Russia, India and a few big nations agrees and backet I for real and seems unlike, impossible unless it's threatens the existense and currently it's goes in the incorrect direction.

Like the new movie Greenland. Maybe This is the reason Trump wants to buy Greenland:
"John Garrity, his estranged wife and their young son embark on a perilous journey to find sanctuary as a planet-killing comet hurtles toward Earth. Amid terrifying accounts of cities getting levelled, the Garrity's experience the best and worst in humanity. As the countdown to the global apocalypse."

Can POTUS sign an executive order to make hydroxychloroquine effective against covid? I'm not sure what role CDC has in the white house. Before it was part of the security council but seems to be removed a few years ago. Seems to be no one knows from my investigation. Maybe Michelle Obama will be running mate or president to bring that back. Usually at least two people trying to president from the same family. A bit wired in a country of 350.
According to Michel Levitt, population can be protected at only 15% of infection due that not all are receptive. Now, that would make the virus slowly stop and be less deadly. Unless it mutated to a nastier version. If that is true or something else going on here is unknown. I guess we will see what happens until a vaccine is produced. Now, he is not a doctor so he might be wrong. But he do have a novel prize and skilled in Data modelling and data analysis.

Anyway
How to undo the nail in the coffin.

Last edited by Dave999; 2020-08-08 at 21:07.

So if we're looking how we are using planet Earth. One could argue that humanity is a virus. Now, a virus don't want to kill the host. It wants to reproduce and grow. From that perspective it would make sense that both humanity and the Corona virus mutates into something smarter. Less destructive.

Now, if this logic having something to what will happening is still unknown.
But we can start by selecting the leaders we need which unfortunately is still not possible in way too many countries and limit the footprint and take it from there.

See you around. It has been an intense and bizzy week.

Last edited by Dave999; 2020-08-09 at 13:23.

Tags
countdown, dooms_day, specc is the, troll ericsson