Posts: 186 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Canada
Anyone having some trouble with touch screen response at boot? Seems that everytime I reboot the screens stays inactive to touch for a few minutes. It really gets on my nerves when I need to get things done quickly. I dont recall this happening in older firmware, so im guessing this a new issue.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Sounds like something is consuming a lot of CPU following boot, my guess would be media-crawler or Canola - do you have a lot of files installed on your SD cards? Try booting without the cards inserted to see if it makes any difference, if it does then it's almost certainly one of the media file index processes - there are ways to reduce their priority by hacking the startup scripts.

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
Sounds like something is consuming a lot of CPU following boot, my guess would be media-crawler or Canola - do you have a lot of files installed on your SD cards? Try booting without the cards inserted to see if it makes any difference, if it does then it's almost certainly one of the media file index processes - there are ways to reduce their priority by hacking the startup scripts.
Could be GPE day view as well, especially if it has to sift through a lot of entries.

Mini-launcher seems to cause a slight delay as well, but that one is definitely worth the wait.

Just don't boot your N800...

Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
Could be GPE day view as well, especially if it has to sift through a lot of entries.

Mini-launcher seems to cause a slight delay as well, but that one is definitely worth the wait.

Just don't boot your N800...
what is Mini-launcher?

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
what is Mini-launcher?
Sorry: Simple-Launcher. My caffeine-level was dangerously low.