Notices

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Something got a bit corrupt there on that screenshot, but never mind. Are you sure "pinoyWAP_gbawings" is a zip file? It doesn't end in .zip. Can you do a "ls -l" instead of ls and show us the output? ls -l shows a long form of output, i.e. gives more details. You should be able to copy and paste the text from X Terminal into the forum rather than taking a screenshot.

The Following User Says Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by gabby131 View Post

i think this is it
the pinoyWAP_gbawings is the zipped file,

wait a minute? the file suppose to have .zip on the file name right?

Originally Posted by pelago View Post
Something got a bit corrupt there on that screenshot, but never mind. Are you sure "pinoyWAP_gbawings" is a zip file? It doesn't end in .zip. Can you do a "ls -l" instead of ls and show us the output? ls -l shows a long form of output, i.e. gives more details. You should be able to copy and paste the text from X Terminal into the forum rather than taking a screenshot.
whoa! men i forgot to rename the file!!! what a BIG NOOB i am!!!

Originally Posted by pelago View Post
but still, the same problem occurs

i renamed the file to .zip, coz when i download the file, it said that its a zip archive but not shown on the file name

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by gabby131 View Post
but still, the same problem occurs

i renamed the file to .zip, coz when i download the file, it said that its a zip archive but not shown on the file name

As Thorsten said earlier - you're missing the unzip binary itself (hence the error you're getting is from sh, not from unzip). You need to install unzip first. I don't think it appears in App manager, so you'll need to use apt-get as Thorsten describes here

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
@gabby - you don't currently have 'unzip' installed.

On the previous page someone directs you to 'apt-get install unzip'.

You can either try that or look in application manager for the "Unzip add-on for the File Manager", which should handle unzipping it without having to use the terminal.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to codeMonkey For This Useful Post:
YEAH!!!! ALL of you GUYS ROCK!!!! Thank You all Very much!!!

Posts: 79 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by codeMonkey View Post
@gabby - you don't currently have 'unzip' installed.

On the previous page someone directs you to 'apt-get install unzip'.

You can either try that or look in application manager for the "Unzip add-on for the File Manager", which should handle unzipping it without having to use the terminal.
Hi there,

Thanks for the pointer. Which repository would these be found in? I have extras and extras-testing enabled but cannot find either the command-line nor the filemgr extension?

Thorsen, I follow your instructions and the N900 said "package unzip is unavailable.." should I download this package from somewhere? Thanks inn advance

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by loscertales View Post
Thorsen, I follow your instructions and the N900 said "package unzip is unavailable.." should I download this package from somewhere? Thanks inn advance
The unzip package is in extras-devel.