Notices

Posts: 151 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Düsseldorf
Thanks for that nice wallpapers, I really like Mirror´s Edge...
How do you makes the panoramas, with a special software?

Originally Posted by DonPIZI View Post
Thanks for that nice wallpapers, I really like Mirror´s Edge...
How do you makes the panoramas, with a special software?
It's a bit of an explanation, but I'll go through it all.

You need a copy of Photoshop or another program that can stitch images together (Photoshop has an automated process for it). You also need to be a little handy with image editing.

For Mirror's Edge and Unreal Engine 3 games, there's two commands that are important for this. One is "tiledshot", which takes a screenshot that's much larger than your resolution. I take screenshots at four times my in-game resolution.

The second command is "FreeFlightCamera", which lets you toggle the camera to a few different views. One of them is a free-floating camera, like no-clip but leaving the body behind. For Mirror's Edge, I had to find a spot where there was nobody chasing after me, then from there I would use the FreeFlightCamera to move to where I wanted the panorama.

From there, don't move the camera except for turning it. It's exactly how you would take a panorama with a photo camera, one picture every 15 degrees or so (about 24 pictures). I'd then angle up a bit and take about 6-8 screenshots, then angle down and do 6-8 more. From there, you can stitch them all together, find a common seam, and edit or blend it until it appears seamless. Then, crop!

I know it's not the best explanation. ^^; Source engine games are similar, use noclip and set it up where enemies can't see you, then find an area that you want to take screenshots. Both Source and Unreal Engine allow you to disable the HUD, too, which is important.

Posts: 604 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Phoenix, WA
Originally Posted by jaesond View Post
As per request, you can find them here! http://bit.ly/daGfLO

(It's a dropbox link, I really need to find some more permanent online storage.)

The ZIP file has both images I've posted here so far. The .desktop files assume that everything's going to be in the images folder.

The actual images are contained in a wallpapers folder, and start with dots so that way the image viewer doesn't detect them. I tested it this way and it works. Just make sure the images stay in the wallpapers folder!

EDIT: Just so everyone knows, I'm taking requests! If there's a certain area in Mirror's Edge, or if there's another game you want me to try to get wallpapers of, just ask! I've got a handful of Source games (HL2 series, Portal, TF2), and I should be able to do the same thing that I'm doing now in any other Unreal Engine 3 game.
Hey,

Your previous wallpapers looking amazing! I haven't played mirrors edge, but the inside of that building with the green effect looked great! IT reminds me of half life 1 when you first walk into that beginning control, and the alarm goes off for some mysterious reason, foreshadowing...

Could you try a Half life or half life 2 wallpaper? I'm not sure what scene would be best...

Thank you.

Originally Posted by SAABoy View Post
Hey,

Your previous wallpapers looking amazing! I haven't played mirrors edge, but the inside of that building with the green effect looked great! IT reminds me of half life 1 when you first walk into that beginning control, and the alarm goes off for some mysterious reason, foreshadowing...

Could you try a Half life or half life 2 wallpaper? I'm not sure what scene would be best...

Thank you.
I'm thinking an Episode 2 one, that area that you had to constantly drive, there was that little town of sorts. You had the car and an item tracker, that one.

I'm thinking an Episode 2 one, that area that you had to constantly drive, there was that little town of sorts. You had the car and an item tracker, that one.
Thats different from the never-ending strider battle where you would drive around and shoot the gravity ball thing at all of them, right?

Originally Posted by devildriven View Post
Great Job! Look forward to hopefully seeing some more!

Can you make any of these for Doom, Duke Nukem? The list could go on! Any panoramic game wallpapers would be most welcome!
Original Doom, or Doom 3? Same for Duke Nukem, any particular versions? The major thing is I need the game to support commands that A) keep me from getting attacked (like freezing the AI), and B) allow me to hide the HUD and weapon.

thanks a lot ....great work

Original Doom, or Doom 3? Same for Duke Nukem, any particular versions? The major thing is I need the game to support commands that A) keep me from getting attacked (like freezing the AI), and B) allow me to hide the HUD and weapon.
Do you know this for source games?

Here is a 3200x480 crop from GOW if you want to work your magic on it.

Posts: 151 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Düsseldorf
I would like to see a panorama from sniper:ghost warrior, it runns under the chrome4 engine and it has a realy nice grafic. But I don't know if there are similar commands to hide the hud.