Notices

Originally Posted by Mixu View Post
I have Python 2.5.2. What about Symyon?

Strange - I have the same version installed - and I do not have the same problem.

Posts: 99 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Tampere, Finland
So, my Python installation is somehow broken or incomplete. How do I re-install it?

Posts: 275 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Raleigh, NC
Trying to install I get:

Unable to install
Conflict with application packages:libecore0-desktop (0.9.9.050+svn38845-maemo1)

I did not see this package in any of the usual user oriented repos. I also checked in Maemo Exrtas Devel and Diablo Extras Devel.

After doing this it seemed to install:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=137828&postcount=2

Last edited by mfortner; 2009-11-15 at 21:42.

Posts: 54 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Central Valley, California, USA
After running Canola cleanup I got everything to work - but there is no longer an option for video. Of any kind; regular, youtube plugin or anything. It doesn't show up as a category within the options either. Just music and photos. It does seem to run more smooth, though. Maybe that was the purpose of the update?

Posts: 99 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Tampere, Finland
Originally Posted by lschumanfcoe View Post
After running Canola cleanup I got everything to work - but there is no longer an option for video. Of any kind; regular, youtube plugin or anything. It doesn't show up as a category within the options either. Just music and photos. It does seem to run more smooth, though. Maybe that was the purpose of the update?
I think that wasn't the purpose of the update... If you run canola from xterm with -vvv option (see posts from stl1859 in this thread: 21 & 23) you will probably notice that you and I have same problem. Python installation is broken and that prevents Canola from loading certain components which are needed for example for video and Canola tuning plugin.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mixu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 54 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Central Valley, California, USA
Originally Posted by Mixu View Post
I think that wasn't the purpose of the update... If you run canola from xterm with -vvv option (see posts from stl1859 in this thread: 21 & 23) you will probably notice that you and I have same problem. Python installation is broken and that prevents Canola from loading certain components which are needed for example for video and Canola tuning plugin.
So are we SOL in the meantime? I will say that I still find it very useful as a music player, and that I tend to use @scence for youtube and Mediabox for videos (they run more smoothly than on Canola2) anyway. So I guess it doesn't matter much to me right now, though I bet people who rely on Canola2 for all of their media are pretty unhappy that they updated.

I did check the Canola2 page and didn't find any updates there for many, many months. So I don't know if they are aware of any problems.

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Originally Posted by lschumanfcoe View Post
So are we SOL in the meantime? I will say that I still find it very useful as a music player, and that I tend to use @scence for youtube and Mediabox for videos (they run more smoothly than on Canola2) anyway. So I guess it doesn't matter much to me right now, though I bet people who rely on Canola2 for all of their media are pretty unhappy that they updated.

I did check the Canola2 page and didn't find any updates there for many, many months. So I don't know if they are aware of any problems.
Well I know you guys aren't happy that things are broken but thanks for the updates - I've avoided the update and still working fine for me.

Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
Well I know you guys aren't happy that things are broken but thanks for the updates - I've avoided the update and still working fine for me.
Lucky! And usually I'm the late adopter.

Posts: 275 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Raleigh, NC
Like I said above. I did this and then installed. Its working fine:

Originally Posted by mfortner View Post
Like I said above. I did this and then installed. Its working fine:
yeah - but isn't that basically doing a canola cleanup followed by installing beta 11 ?

The latest update works for me - which means that it is some freak error that is causing that python error for some. Its really sad that nobody from canola dev. seems to be looking at the bug reports posted.

At risk of sounding like a broken record again - have any of you tried installing ALL plugins and ALL themes and checked to see if that helped ( in the past I have only talked about one specific plugin)

The Following User Says Thank You to stl1859 For This Useful Post: