I contacted Brad and we agreed to make our exchange. Yesterday, I packaged my N800 and bought a USPS shipping label, chatting with Brad as I did so. He was well aware of my expenditure of time and money.

This morning, Brad sent me an email, telling me — in an intense moment of irony — that he had broken our contract because he was afraid he'd get screwed over.

Buyer beware...

Posts: 449 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ eastern north carolina usa
seems deals go bad all over...thus is life...there is indeed a large issue of trust involved...

The Following User Says Thank You to joepagiii For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Originally Posted by sgosnell View Post
So don't fill the SSD. Put your data on an SD card or a USB drive and you'll have plenty of storage space. The SSD on that model wasn't designed for storing data, just program files, and not that many of those. I have a 701 with lots of stuff installed, but by keeping all my data on an SD card in the slot, I have used way less than a GB of storage on the SSD. WIth external flash memory so cheap, that's the way to go.
basically sums up how im currently using my N800 as well. all non-system files goes on one of the SD cards, preferably the external one.

Posts: 449 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ eastern north carolina usa
why couldn't someone do that clone trick on the eee

The eee utilizes (out of the box) UnionFS mounts to separate factory (read only) image and user data... two partitions viewd as one... all it 'should' take is hack to mount sd instead to make one big filesystem... perhaps another distro could do the same.

Speaking of which, i wonder if fanoush could cram unionfs in initfs now (with diablo's larger initfs) to do the same for our n8x0's.

ok im definately not going to trade it since i have trust issue's obviously.... (THANKS DAD!!!! FOR... nvm)
anyways here is a link of it on ebay, its 240 buy it now with 20 dollar shipping
or 230 starting bid
here you go

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE:IT&ih=013