I called Nokia earlier today to inquire about getting a couple replacement parts for my n810. A replacement kickstand and battery cover.

When I use my 810 I usually flip out the kickstand as kind of a hand strap. Today while I was surfing ITT, it slipped out of my hand, but I managed to do a little "knee save" and stop it from hitting the ground.
Saved it from a certain scratchy death, but unfortunately it bent the kick stand a bit.

I thought I would call Nokia and order a replacement and while I was at it, order another battery cover (as a back up).

After taking all my info, the rep. told me that the ONLY WAY that I could get either of those parts was to send it in for warranty repair. After I explained to him that it wasn't a warranty issue, he still said that the only way to get the parts was to send it in, wait for Nokia to send me a letter stating that it wouldn't be covered and a price to repair it.

Who else thinks that is totally backwards. Surely charging my credit card and sending out the part would be more time and cost efficient for everyone involved. Lame.

Does anyone know where you can get replacement parts?

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Sacramento, California
Yes, I agree too. I can imagine that the digitizer, keyboard and housing would all be popular items to replace too.

I wonder if you asked for a stylus if they would tell you to ship it to them too?

And, no, I don't know where to get any parts for the unit. Just checked a bunch of websites through Google and none of them really have parts.

Posts: 449 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ eastern north carolina usa
go to www.tessco.com ..min order 125$

The Following User Says Thank You to joepagiii For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
EDIT (This is one of my favorite threads)
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ead.php?t=8318

There should be a way to order parts from Nokia. ESPECIALLY EASILY BREAKABLE PARTS LIKE THE BACK COVER AND STAND!!!

I still need a stand and back cover for my 800.
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Last edited by penguinbait; 2008-07-02 at 20:44.

Posts: 449 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ eastern north carolina usa
my stand has been broken...and i agree...just offering a place to get em...peace man...

Originally Posted by joepagiii View Post
go to www.tessco.com ..min order 125$
Amazing to see almost the entire 810 broken down into 20-30 cent pieces! Incredible.

The stand lists for $3.55 and the battery cover $4.60....a little ways off $125. I wonder how many people on ITT need parts? (If you see where Iam going with that)

well ive been trying to get enough to buy a bunch and sell them at cost plus shipping....so ...i already have an acct set up...

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Anyone want to start a club? I'll join, for $5 or $10. Someone would maintain a center where the parts were and send them off to whoever needed them, for the cost of the part and shipping and handling, of course. Reliable cheapo batteries could be sold, too.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
well ya see ive been trying to do this...i have no ability to help otherwise...cant program...50%sure im trading the n800 for an axim... but i feel the need to contribute...was gonna start my own donations to paypal thingy....the post office is less than a block from my house...so shipping is a cinch...ive shipped lifedrive parts to Ireland...ya see my picture is my business...

Last edited by joepagiii; 2008-07-02 at 21:20.

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Knoxville
I'm new, but I'm interested!