Hi,
I have not use a palm since 2004 (having used a pocket PC until a couple of weeks ago when I bought a Nokia N810).
The application I miss most is Splash ID and I would like to use this via Garnet VM. For this I would need to download the Palm desktop to hot sync my Garnet VM.
Is there any particular device/version recommended to select from http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl..._desktop.html?
Thanks

Posts: 449 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ eastern north carolina usa
any should work....get the tx version...i have a bunch off lifedrives so that is the version i use

Like Joe said, it probably won't matter which one you choose. I'm using the LifeDrive one without a problem.

--------
Ed Hardy
Brighthand.com

Hi, for you Info. I'm using n810, Windows Vista with Palm Desktop Version 6.2.2. Hotsync over the air runs well without any error, but afterwards, nothing was synced. Others have the same problem - see other threads about hotsync.
Klaus

The Garnet VM uses the original basic PIMs. You don't want the TX version, you want the earliest OS5 version you can find. The one for the Tungsten series should work, probably the T or T3, although both should be the same. Trying to sync to the TX's extended fields will cause problems.

Well I used the Tx version OK. I used this for Splash ID and that works OK (I use the GPE pim on the nokia although I did test the Palm PIM out of curiousity and that worked fine)