Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
TMO is NOT flikr!!!
Indeed. And guess what? I am aware of that. In case you did not notice, I am not the one who complained about "small pictures". It was the person who did who apparently missed that little detail.

So here is my suggestion. Either accept that TMO is not flikr and stop whinging or fix TMO. Howgh!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Indeed. And guess what? I am aware of that. In case you did not notice, I am not the one who complained about "small pictures". It was the person who did who apparently missed that little detail.

So here is my suggestion. Either accept that TMO is not flikr and stop whinging or fix TMO. Howgh!
Ok, missed that point. Anyway, your letters are still to big and red...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
No, it is absolutely NOT!!!

It should NOT be your job to look for a third party solution for TMO's faults.
You should NOT apologize for TMO's deficiencies.
Members like juiceme should NOT complain about "small pictures" on a platform that deliberately shrinks uploaded images.

It is NOT your fault. It is clearly, unquestionably, a TMO's fault and juiceme not only knows it, but even has the capacity to do something about it. A complaint about "small pictures" from any random TMO member would indicate ignorance. But from a Council member it smacks of hypocrisy.

Do NOT yield to it and apologize. Put pressure on the Council to bloody do something about it!!!
In a way you are correct there... I have to admit I have not had time and effort to look into this and it might indeed be possible to change the picture size limit on the site.
Why I have not done it even though I now remember @pichlo has at least twice asked me to... Probably 2 reasons; I have been lazy, and the structure of the site is such a mess it would take me considerable time to search for the bit of configuration/code that is responsoible for the limit...

Anyway; I'll make a new-years resolution I'll try to do something about it!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
That's all I ever asked for, juiceme. With all sincerity and from the bottom of my dark soul, thank you!!!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
from the bottom of my
*BAM*
Felize Navidad stuck in my head.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:

Tags
camera phone, competition