I will try to find a Cingular SIM soon so I can try it on my Treo 650. I will report back what I find out.

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Denmark
Purchased From: Nokia Web
Purchase/Arrival Date: 17. Nov. - 20. Dec.

1) It's the size that makes you not mind carrying it with you all the time.
2) The screen resolution, perfect for web browsing, I got tired of my pda wery fast.
3) It runs linux, that means a lot of 3. party appl.
4) Video and mp3 playback, works perfect.
5) blutooth paring with my phone worked like a carme (k600i)
6-?) had only been using it for a day, so more is probaly still comming.

Dislikes:
1) when using browser on wi-fi, I get disconnected at random, but when using streaming radio it keeps the connection fine. (Strange)
2) There should have been a dockin station for charging
3) The cover is blocking for the stylus pen when in operation mode.
4) A infrared port woud have been nice. (use it as a remote control)

That is for now, had only had it for one day, and sofar very happy about it, also happy that I got it befor chrismas.

Posts: 192 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Eugene, Oregon
Originally Posted by umts4ever
3) The cover is blocking for the stylus pen when in operation mode.
Here's a solution to that problem.

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I don't mind that part of the design personally. I push on the bottom of the case/770 combo (where the headphone jack is) to slide it up a few millimeters, pop the stylus out, and slide it back into place. For eBook reading and other non-stylus activities, I like knowing that it's not going to fall out once the internal method of holding it in place wears out. (Yay friction!)

BigDaddy:

Your Blackberry's won't sync because they only link to headsets via bluetooth.

The 770 is bluetooth 1.2 compliant. You have to look carefully to see what bluetooth profiles the phone supports and make sure they match up (i.e. dial-up networking, file transfer, generic access, SIM access, and serial port profiles).

Good luck. Sorry you've been having troubles. You can always wait 6 months for a better version to come out with less bugs and with more phones that support it.

The screen is great, am dying for screen gaurd..

One thing that is annoying is that there is no button to advance pages in pdf reader; you must access a menu.

Also the pdf reader wont rotate the screen.

There is no button for ff or rw web pages.

But the device is still pimp and I look forward to better software.

- Nearly everything! It's the handiest device ever.
- Setup of connectivity is beautifully easy.
- Great bright, detailed, high-res screen (my photos look fantastic on it)
- Small enough to be pocketable (in a jacket at least)
- Integrated screen cover is a joy

Dislikes:

- Video player is... awful. My phones (Samsung A900 and A800 on Sprint) will play nearly any format I throw at it, while my 770 sputters with a low-res 3GP file (yes, it is properly encoded). This needs MAJOR work - what normal consumer is going to go looking for the MediaConverter app? Or know that the res needs to be multiples of 16? And it may be hardware-limited, but hopefully they can do something so that the player can playback higher-res files in general (say, 640px width at max, even!)

- Needs SyncML support via Bluetooth along with a basic PIM suite (hell, just port the Symbian apps over and call it a 'feature-add' - they dont even have to advertise it on the box, so they can keep marketing it as an internet tablet and not a PDA)

- Gah, handwriting recognition is crap.

Whatevers:

- I'm dying for an integrated thumbboard. In fact I'd be in love if they took a Hiptop/Sidekick-like form factor and used the smaller but higher-res screen.
- While I love the large screen, I probably would have settled for a smaller screen - that way they could have made the device even smaller and lighter, meaning it would be more suited to a pants pocket. I want to take this bad boy everywhere but when summer comes along, not sure how I'll fit it into my shorts...

Overall though, it's probably one of the best gadget purchases I've made in a long time - the fact that I don't want to leave home without it says it all!

It finally arrived down here in NZ mailed by my friend in the US. Since he'd 'tested' it for me the battery was already charged and the web browser opened to a page reminding me I owe him $350 real (i.e not $NZ) money. Goes without saying I am writing this on it now. Been using it for an hour or so now. Couple of things that haven't been mentioned. There are no New Zealand cities at all in the clock! I can't set my timezone. Maybe a firmware update adds some? Haven't tried the handwriting yet and the first thing I had to do was turn off the word completion. The internet radio works great. Never used it before but am amazed how well it works. Need to upgrade to the latest firmware still. Oh, and the 1GB Sandisk RS MMC card I have worked fine in it right away. Right, going to try out Doom on it now

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Simon: There's no equivalent lattitude line for ya? I can't imagine them excluding a timezone.

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Pahrump, NV.
Purchased From: Nevada
Purchase/Arrival Date:01/06/06

Web browsing; I wanted something like this for years. been using a laptop to surf the web while I wacthed TV in bed. got a PDA about two years ago to tryed to use it to surf but it was a pain. I was about to buy tablet pc when I fond the 770.
Touch screen
The OS
The WiFi
The 3rd party apps (that are already made and the ones that should come later)

Dislikes:
no network printing
memory size

Favorite apps:
Web browser

I am just so happy to have wireless websurfing in my hand that I do not have to page right and left to read

Capeezi