Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
I would suggest to try to push meego on not Nokia devices, but as more phones as possible. that's how android succeed. i would try to make htc to release at least one phone with meego as they don't have their own OS and they don't stick to any OS(they have android and WP7 phones)

Originally Posted by exo View Post
It's not broken, it's just different. The idea is that sandboxing applications means that users don't have to worry about what a particular application could be doing or what data it has access to, just what services, and these can be specifically allowed/disallowed.
Actually almost everyone I know hates the sandboxing of data.If I want to read PDFs in different apps, why should I need to have copies of the same file in each app? Its stupid.

People only accept this from Apple, because of steve job's reality distortion field. Just like when iphone lacked multitasking, they said they didn't need it, after it got released, they called apple the most innovative company in the world. The same thing happened with video calling (which many smartphones did before this).

The exact same thing will happen again when apple creates an area for apps to share data, and it will be hailed as the holy grail of Apple's genius.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hawk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 219 | Thanked: 94 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
So, no plan B anymore.

http://nokiaplanb.com/

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to naabi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by Benson View Post
(OK, not knowing anything about WP7 internals, I'll take your word for it.)

IOW, WP7 is a broken OS -- or, to put it less caustically and more precisely, WP7 is an anachronism, a step decades backward in the evolution of computing. Even the iPhone, from version one (with the deja vu-ful lack of basic features that every other OS has), ran a skeletized modern OS (complete with filesystem) under the hood, with its insanely protective restrictions on data access applied over top of that.

Here, kid, take this nickel and get yourself a real OS...
Every new OS has its + and -. Some of the - are features a current OS has. Some of those - can be put in later, some cannot be overcome easily. What marketing dept will do is zoom in on the + while mitigating (silencing, downplaying) the -. Journalists, critics, reviewers, and the buyers who have more than 2 braincells wish to get an accurate overview of the + and - to make possible an informed decision.

or some multi touch is irrelevant, for other MMS. For some multitasking is important, for other LTE. For some copy/paste, for other App Store with fart apps, yet for other Exchange.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gruik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 333 | Thanked: 153 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ blah blah
Originally Posted by gruik View Post
Plan b is over: http://nokiaplanb.com/2011/02/16/cal...uits/#comments
YESS!! now it's the time, come on guys, other plans will surely work (a-z)

Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
Originally Posted by longcat View Post
YESS!! now it's the time, come on guys, other plans will surely work (a-z)
Well, I guess we'll just have to have Nokia feel the love of Microsoft for a while.

Good thing that there are other options for those of us that can't stomach it. As for me, I don't know yet what device I will buy/support next. I have a strong preference for Meego. So, I will see what comes out there first before jumping to something else.

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
So I guess I have to ask what are you comparing WP7 in such a negative light?
Given the context and all this 3 horse race business, I would say iOS and Android are the other 2 horses.

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Originally Posted by hawk View Post
The same thing happened with video calling (which many smartphones did before this).
Not quite, facepalm (or is it facetime?) is a video calling app that only works with other iphones, it's not compatible with 3g video calls. But yeah, all iphones' innovative new features were mostly already standard features on other phones. That's why MS decided to make WP7 the same way, every few months/years they could add a feature or two and declare with great fanfare that they are "innovating".

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by kureyon View Post
Given the context and all this 3 horse race business, I would say iOS and Android are the other 2 horses.
I don't like Horses...

I would prefer a penguin!

The Following User Says Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:

Tags
a hoax, alcalde babble, bla bla bla, micronokiasoft, nokia sux nuts, nokia=epic fail, plan(a-z), plan(t)