Originally Posted by linuxaddict View Post
Okay these are my APN settings:
# Access Point Name: general.t-mobile.uk
# User Name: user
# Password: pass
# HTTP Proxy: 149.254.201.135
# Port Number: 8080
# MMSC: http://mmsc.t-mobile.co.uk:8002

After about a minute or two i get the response along the lines of OK, but i haven't recieve anything, hmm and i have tried every other lot of APN settings for tmobile uk i could find.

Any ideas?
One important thing to note is that if the company knows you have a non-MMS phone (like the N900) they may have the feature turned off. If you can MMS friends and it gets out, but can't get them back in (and don't even see a "push" message) you may want to call your provider to have them check the setting. We've seen this a lot on previous threads, especially where the phone was purchased through the provider.

I am in Austria on "3" (drei.at) and fMMS 1.0.2 works great!

I could receive MMS in rude mode and send MMS in rude mode and in havoc mode. (Other combinations I will check tomorrow...)

Very very nice. Thanks a lot!

I can't find this application in extras devels for some reason. And when I try and download it from the garage it says that I'm missing packages. Someone help please. :/

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Lancashire, UK
Firstly cheers for a great app. I'm so chuffed to see this working!

If anyone is on o2 in the UK and having problems with the configs I managed to get these ones to work (contract only, no idea about PAYG)

Access point name: wap.o2.co.uk
Username: o2wap
Password: password
Proxy: 193.113.200.195
Proxy Port: 8080
MMSC: http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002

On Virgin Australia. I couldn't get it to work in havoc mode, but rude mode seems to work. It's very slow to download or send messages though, but that might be the network.

It's pretty annoying that there's no indication of progress, and no error messages. When it doesn't work it just ... sits there.

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 70 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Paris
The app doesnt clean up after itself when it is uninstalled. The MMS APN, created by fMMS, is still there after the uninstall.

EDIT: On closer inspection the uninstall did delete my providers APN however. I had fMMS configured in havoc mode if that makes a difference. Rude would be a more appropriate mode for this behaviour

Last edited by DeargDoom; 2010-05-05 at 22:44.

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ France
In France, using the provider Orange, the application works very well using the havoc mode (I didn't manage to make it work in rude/polite mode).

Thanks frals!

Originally Posted by frals View Post
The other two modes does however still show it, HOPEFULLY it should not get automatically picked up if you got autoconnect to GPRS on.

If the device is auto connecting to the MMS APN instead of the regular internet one automatically; runing:
/opt/fmms/fmms_config.py
in the terminal should correct this - please verify by checking in "Internet Connections" as well as edit the access point to make sure all settings got changed.
This does not work for me. I've tried running the script, and "Internet Connections" says "VirginInternet" under "Automatically connect to", but it still automatically connects to the MMS APN and then nothing works

I also tried rebooting, but that didn't help either.

got confused cos there's 2 fmms threads with the same subject. Here's my post from the other thread in case it gets lost.

Has anyone else come across this problem?

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1583

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Potomac,Maryland
Ever since I installed fMMS I have this MMS internet connection that can not be deleted. Anyone know how I can delete that connection?

Tags
bada rox, bada rulez, fmms, mms, mms config, n900, python