Active Topics

Posts: 117 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ San Diego
I know that the N900 is not HSPA+ but based on the protocols, the phone is capable of HSPA 10.2 mbps which is half the speed, but should still give me an improvement.

I just ran speedtest (i know not the best metric) on my phone and I'm barely even getting 0.69mbps up and down. That's unforgivable in an area that has full reception and considered to be getting "Very Fast Mobile Web." Can anyone help me with this question? is there anything I need to configure in order to improve my speeds?

Posts: 265 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Sydney, Australia
when u got really good coverage, itll have 3g or 3.5 under the bars. 3g is 7.2mbs and 3.5g is 10.2mbs from memory.
and with 3g i get around 150kbs speed when downloading songs
u could... turn off all power saving stuff
and check if ur connection is for internet or wap. it makes a big difference but both connect to the web

Internet or Wap???

Originally Posted by flipalong View Post
when u got really good coverage, itll have 3g or 3.5 under the bars. 3g is 7.2mbs and 3.5g is 10.2mbs from memory.
and with 3g i get around 150kbs speed when downloading songs
u could... turn off all power saving stuff
and check if ur connection is for internet or wap. it makes a big difference but both connect to the web
Also, I usually have 3G or 3.5G but my speeds are never nearly as close as those that I had with Verizon. Halp?

Are you talking about epc.tmobile.com vs wap.voicestream.net?

Because my Tmobile internet is configured for epc.tmobile.com

Upon reviewing my settings in the N900 it says that my Tmobile connection is set up as a GPRS connection. Is that correct? if not, how Do I change that? Because it doesn't look like something I can change without changing sim cards.

Last edited by Russianhaxor; 2010-12-07 at 07:54.

Posts: 265 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Sydney, Australia
i dont use tmobile, we dont even have tmobile here in australia
thats all i know about 3g and stuff so sorry if it didnt help.

Hmm, it looks like nobody still have an answer for me. Not on the Tmobile forums nor on here.

should work innately ... the phone switches itself.

check your coverage, and do a speedtest.net

Max i get is 544kbps here in my country on 3.5G on 3network,my default connection is 3G instead of Daul mode which drain power too much.

I get nearly 7mbps down and 2mbps up in North Carolina where HSPA+ is active. Shows as 3.5 on my phone and I did not do anything special.

Posts: 94 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by flipalong View Post
3G (without extensions) is at maximum 384kbit/s (48kbyte/s).
7.2Mbit/s is HSDPA-Category 8.
I do only pay for Category 8 and if I have a good signal I get between 700 and 800kbyte/s.

What settings are you guys using for the connection?