Active Topics

Installed this on my second (unused) device, as people seemed to be having a lot of issues. Glad I tried it on that ... it's not really usable for me. Phone is practically clean, just installed Opera & FF Android apps and Web Pirate after finishing the update, to test. All apps randomly close all the time (taking all other apps except Phone with them). It's behaving like the OOM killer is being triggered ridiculously quickly, either as soon as a browser loads (native / WP / FF / Op) or shortly after 3 or 4 core Sailfish apps are opened (SMS / Phone / Contacts / Settings), but maybe it's random crashing. I'm also frequently losing all touch input; I have to press power button to lock screen, then unlock again to get it back.

Really don't recommend taking the dive on this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluefoot For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
@bluefoot, you might want to try to reinitiate the update via console.
It helped me with similar symptoms on last update.
instructions at TJC

EDIT: change line
Code:
ssu re 1.1.6.27
to
Code:
ssu re 1.1.7.24

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 115 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Spain
My terminal says no 1.17.24 update. Maybe they have blocked it until they fix all these issues.

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
because it's 1.1.7.24, not 1.17.24

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine
what issues? for me it's the best update of the year, no problems at all, all annoying issues fixed...
some people are just not patient enough and pull the battery during the update, so they get "issues"

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leinad For This Useful Post:
I have no android notifications at all now. Not on lock screen, not on multitasking screen, no sounds with Coderus' android notifications (obviously, since there are no notifications to add sound to)...

Oh, and there's a substantial battery drain as well.

Originally Posted by Leinad View Post
some people are just not patient enough and pull the battery during the update, so they get "issues"
I pulled the battery and I have no issues.
Anyone can claim they have the patience of an ox to wait for 2 hrs or more for a bar to move that final 1% but it's still a bit of a stretch.
With today's attention spans of 1s to wait for a webpage to respond it's madness to think at least the common user would just sit put plain and nicely.

This from J. Nielsen:
Progress indicators have three main advantages: They reassure the user that the system has not crashed but is working on his or her problem; they indicate approximately how long the user can be expected to wait, thus allowing the user to do other activities during long waits; and they finally provide something for the user to look at, thus making the wait less painful.
However, in this case the bar just plain fails. If the progress goes to roughly 99% in say 10-15min and then somebody expects you to wait hours for that last bit, something is wrong here.

For operations where it is unknown in advance how much work has to be done, it may not be possible to use a percent-done indicator, but it is still possible to provide running progress feedback in terms of the absolute amount of work done.
I rest my case.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tmi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by solbrit View Post
Oh, and there's a substantial battery drain as well.
there's battery drain after every update, because tracker does some tracker-stuff und most people play around a lot more than usual to test the update...

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Leinad For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tmi View Post
With today's attention spans of 1s to wait for a webpage to respond it's madness to think at least the common user would just sit put plain and nicely.
this is totally not a release for "common users", it's an "early access" release, so if someone checks this box in his account, he could at least read the release notes, where clearly is stated:

When updating from 1.1.6 your device might go through lengthy file system optimizations before installing the update.
i don't want tu argue, just saying, i'm very happy with the update and most people who have problems with it most likely caused them themselves i guess...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Leinad For This Useful Post: