Just wondering, to whom would I report bugs like the non functional bluetooth buttons with Onyx? As far as I can tell, I have been the only one so far noticing (experiencing?) this.

The Following User Says Thank You to dubliner For This Useful Post:
Although "kimmoli" was very active in developing original port, "rinigus" has been responsible for recent continued updates. Trouble is that you have arrived late on the scene and developers have mostly moved on.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dubliner View Post
Just wondering, to whom would I report bugs like the non functional bluetooth buttons with Onyx? As far as I can tell, I have been the only one so far noticing (experiencing?) this.
This isnt an onyx specific issue, its common over all of sailfish

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to r0kk3rz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by r0kk3rz View Post
This isnt an onyx specific issue, its common over all of sailfish
However, bluetooth buttons work great on the Nexus 5 (mautz' 3.0.0.8 image). So, it can't be general a Sailfish issue.

@aspergerguy, I always seem to be late (took me ages to move to SFOS in the first place). Nevertheless, I still hope for some help.

Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
you can always report at https://github.com/kimmoli/sfos-onyx-issues/issues . Although, we usually look at the port when the new release is out and few other ports have released them. You can also discuss it at #sailfishos-porters . If its not general issue for SFOS, that's the best channel to debug problems.

I am mainly contributing through version bumps and ask for help when needed through IRC

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
However, bluetooth buttons work great on the Nexus 5 (mautz' 3.0.0.8 image). So, it can't be general a Sailfish issue.

@aspergerguy, I always seem to be late (took me ages to move to SFOS in the first place). Nevertheless, I still hope for some help.
Nexus 5 probably uses Bluez4 not Bluez5, the issue is with Bluez5 integration

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to r0kk3rz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by r0kk3rz View Post
Nexus 5 probably uses Bluez4 not Bluez5, the issue is with Bluez5 integration
Indeed, I just checked. You're absolutely right. Does bluez5 provide any benefit over bluez4? If not, how about downgrading to bluez4 for beta-11, then? I'd sure appreciate it.

@rinigus, I am amazed by all the wonderful projects you're involved in. Kudos for that!!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dubliner For This Useful Post:
Indeed, I just checked. You're absolutely right. Does bluez5 provide any benefit over bluez4?
If memory serves me right. After phone calls, bluez4 required restart of bluetooth pairing. Otherwise you wouldn't hear anything during the next call. Bluez5 allows you to keep connection and the phone calls will be all fine.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Thanks for your explanation. It's interesting to see how very differently Bluez behaves on different phones. With the Nexus 5 (Bluez 4) no reconnect between calls would be required AFAIK. Then again, that's "academic" because the audio quality of those calls would be so bad making communication impossible (apparently an old Nexus 5 bug that was present under Android, too, when it was first released - Google managed to fix it with their first update - wish I knew how).

So, do I understand correctly that the bluetooth buttons issue is Jolla's problem because it's in the proprietary parts of SFOS?

So, do I understand correctly that the bluetooth buttons issue is Jolla's problem because it's in the proprietary parts of SFOS?
No idea, but I wouldn't expect so. Ask at #sailfishos-porters, maybe someone knows

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:

Tags
oneplus x