Active Topics

Notices

Hey MrCarney,

Thanks for the help! Well, at this point, I finally gave up on Maemo Mapper and just bought a dedicated GPS unit. Cool app when it works, but just had enough for now. Here's to its continual evolution; I plan to revisit some time down the line.

Happy Post-X-Mas!

Well, this problem has re-appeared for me.
Deleting rhe paths.db file used to fix it, but now it just keeps happening.

Just like before, downloading routes while connected through the cell phone gives the generic error, but downloading over wifi does not.

What is causing this? It's gotta be mapper doing aomething weird.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
dantonic,

Sorry for not replying to this thread sooner. I, too, have seen the problem rise back up.

It is very frustrating, and I really appreciate the Maemo Mapper application. It makes the n810 much more useful to me.

I wish there was a way for me to debug it, but I can't seem to figure it out.

I'll let you know if I make any progress.

Well,

I didn an
apt-get remove --purge maemo-mapper

and the reinstalled it, and now it seems to work. Somehow however I think it will happen again.
I wish we could figure out what the cause is, and maybe the developer could fix it permanently

Well, there it is again. re-install won't fix it now. why does this happen??

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I have also tried reinstalling it, and it worked once, but it no longer works.
I think either the uninstaller is not cleaning everything properly, or perhaps something changed with an update to Maemo that the Mapper program does not like.

Well now it works all of a sudden. I did nothing to fix it. Not sure what causes this error.

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
I don't know that error, and I only use wifi. But I encountered some other errors (I don't recall what) in 2.6.2, so I reverted to 2.5.3, and everything has been fine. (And I don't care about APRS, was happy without sqlite, etc., so I see no loss in stopping where I was ahead.)

well if I'm limited to wifi then maemo-mapper becomes very inferior to a regular gps unit. It's crucial for me to be able to download routes on the go while in the car, and be able to use the "auto update" feature which automatically recalculates and re-downloads the route if you take a wrong turn.

I hope this gets fixed eventually. I put a request in the tracker over a month ago, but doesn't look like anyone has looked into it yet.

Are there any other gps applications out there that anyone has tried with success?

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Originally Posted by dantonic View Post
well if I'm limited to wifi then maemo-mapper becomes very inferior to a regular gps unit. It's crucial for me to be able to download routes on the go while in the car, and be able to use the "auto update" feature which automatically recalculates and re-downloads the route if you take a wrong turn.

I hope this gets fixed eventually. I put a request in the tracker over a month ago, but doesn't look like anyone has looked into it yet.

Are there any other gps applications out there that anyone has tried with success?
Is auto-update a 2.6 innovation?

Tags
error, generic, maemo mapper, routes, routing