Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
I just got a Nexus 5 so I can finally take Sailfish out for a spin.

Just making sure I've got everything right (this is my first Android flashing experience), if I am installing this normally WITHOUT multirom, I can use my own TWRP, right? I just want to make sure that I can flash sensorsfix3.zip without issue.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imaginaryenemy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
@freerunner

The kernel you flashed is for the cm12.1 relwase. I didn't released the new custom kernel for cm13 yet, since iam not satisfied with its battery usage...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
I have been using my Nexus 5 with Sailfish for the last 4 days, and I am really enjoying it. I finally decided to give it a shot with the Xperia X build and Chen's QWERTY slider on the horizon.

I am having several issues, and I am not sure if they are specific to this build, or if they are general Sailfish issues, or problems just with my device (I bought it very cheap and very used in order to do this).

Main issues being:
-All APN information is reset on reboot.
-Bluetooth audio playback shuts off after the screen has been off for more than a minute or so. Have to unlock the phone and press play again to resume.
-MMS group chat is not supported.
-No MMS messages while on wifi.
-Bad headphone audio quality.
-Unable to connect to my Pebble via Rockpool after sucessful pairing.
-Several patches that say they work with this version of Sailfish and install without error, but do not work as they should.

Anyone with experience with this particular build, or other Sailfish builds, I would like to hear if you are experiencing these things as well.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imaginaryenemy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by imaginaryenemy View Post
Main issues being:
-All APN information is reset on reboot.
Never had this problem, you could try the following command in the terminal:
devel-su chown -R radio:radio /var/lib/ofono

-Bluetooth audio playback shuts off after the screen has been off for more than a minute or so. Have to unlock the phone and press play again to resume.
Getting the same error, you could stop the bt-sleep script and restart it after your BT connection is no longer needed. To disable the bt-sleep script run: devel-su systemctl stop bt-sleep-monitor.service to stop the script and devel-su systemctl start bt-sleep-monitor.service to start the script. Or you could try some of the BT on/off apps from openrepos. Maybe you need to disable the bt-sleep-monitor service to get these apps running, never tested this myself.
-Bad headphone audio quality.
Cable or BT headphones?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mautz View Post
Never had this problem, you could try the following command in the terminal:
devel-su chown -R radio:radio /var/lib/ofono
That seems to have fixed it. Thanks!

Getting the same error, you could stop the bt-sleep script and restart it after your BT connection is no longer needed. To disable the bt-sleep script run: devel-su systemctl stop bt-sleep-monitor.service to stop the script and devel-su systemctl start bt-sleep-monitor.service to start the script. Or you could try some of the BT on/off apps from openrepos. Maybe you need to disable the bt-sleep-monitor service to get these apps running, never tested this myself.
After running this, I got a warning that the sleep monitor timer would still wake the monitor up.

After stopping it, I couldn't switch on BT. I turned the monitor back on, switched BT on, started playing music, then stopped the sleep monitor. That appears to have worked, though. Music played for three song with the screen off and no stops.

Cable or BT headphones?
They were regular cable headphones.

The Following User Says Thank You to imaginaryenemy For This Useful Post:
Another "issue". I have to reset my developer mode password after each reboot, in the settings menu. Is this normal behavior? Is their a default password already set so I don't have to do this after every boot?

What do you mean by resetting the password? Doesn't it work after a reboot, for example when using devel-su?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
What do you mean by resetting the password? Doesn't it work after a reboot, for example when using devel-su?
I apologize. I commented before thoroughly testing. When a password is entered and saved in the developer settings screen, the password (or '******' to be more precise) is shown even after hitting save. When those settings are accessed later the password line is blank. I wrongly assumed the password had to be reentered. The password is still indeed saved regardless of appearances.

Hi
i would like to test the last sailfish on my nexus 5.. @mautz can you share with me the last build? i have multirom and i know how to restore the phone

The Following User Says Thank You to Ataru83 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Ataru83 View Post
Hi
i would like to test the last sailfish on my nexus 5.. @mautz can you share with me the last build? i have multirom and i know how to restore the phone
Just download it from the first post, i haven't build a newer version...not much time at the moment for SFOS related things..but i'm still on it...first i want to fix my kernel issues, then release the newest SFOS build and fix OTA problems.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post: