Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Short Note: http://wstaw.org/m/2015/05/16/plasma-desktopJV1947.png is to avoid people getting confused and adding only one top-up to their order, by clicking on "Add To Cart".
For adding top-ups please click the picture to get to product detail page where you can adjust amount according to the instructions
/j

The Following User Says Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 40 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Jersey
FYI, when creating a new user account in the shop, the URLs in the activation email are broken.

The URLs are sent as:

Code:
<a href="%7Bvalidation_link%7D">foo</a>
and

Code:
<a href="%7Bshop_url%7Dindex.php?fc=module&amp;module=mackstorescustomerreg&amp;controller=resendvalc">foo</a>
and

Code:
<a style="color:#337ff1;" href="%7Bshop_url%7D">foo</a>
Thanks!
Luke

Edit:
The same applies for the order confirmation and payment confirmation emails.

Edit 2:
I forgot to say - the content in the tags is present and does conveniently contain the URLs, only the href attributes are missing.

Last edited by l_bratch; 2015-05-18 at 20:04.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to l_bratch For This Useful Post:
Hi everybody,
soo it's time to buy
i want to get mainboard. But on the shop i don't know what spare part i need. My n900 is not in good condition so i think i will need to by some parts.
Coul it be possible to list them somewhere

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to m4l0c For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by m4l0c View Post
Hi everybody,
soo it's time to buy
i want to get mainboard. But on the shop i don't know what spare part i need. My n900 is not in good condition so i think i will need to by some parts.
Coul it be possible to list them somewhere
Hi!
a quick answer: you need the complete display half (LCD, touchpanel, frontcam LED ALS etc, slider mech, caseframe) and the plastic case, stylus, battery lid etc from bottom half. All the electronics (incl the switches themselves, but not their buttons you can touch. Incl USB jack) in bottom half get swapped for the new mainboard. I.E. the "light swap package", see below.

Eventually we will create a comprehensive list of parts. For now I suggest to go for e.g. http://originalspareparts.com.ua/phones/nokia/n900#c and http://www.cellular-parts.com/pdflists/Nokia.pdf. Sorry there are no better sources for such info yet. We provide new "light swap package" and of course new screws for those marked "disposable" in lowest section of the exploded view. We can provide a few other selected spare parts on request.

cheers
jOERG

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2015-05-19 at 16:35. Reason: light swap clarification

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Thank you for the answer and links, i will check it.

The Following User Says Thank You to m4l0c For This Useful Post:
From the shop:

"Please note that the telephony module is an integral part of the device and cannot be easily changed. Anyway until we start sourcing the modules, you can change your order to get another variant. Please send us a message for doing so."

Could you send a reminder mail before the time slot for this option closes? At least I am quite unsure regarding the modem selection.

Thanks

mith

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mithrandir For This Useful Post:
I've place my order.

But then I read some comments here about "topping up". So I took another look and discovered its an option BEFORE you order the device but not AFTER.

Needless to say my extra money is sitting here waiting for you to make it an option.

P.S. I also have a "small" voucher that I'd like to combine with additional cash when you add the "top up" functionality.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fidel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mithrandir View Post
From the shop:

"Please note that the telephony module is an integral part of the device and cannot be easily changed. Anyway until we start sourcing the modules, you can change your order to get another variant. Please send us a message for doing so."

Could you send a reminder mail before the time slot for this option closes? At least I am quite unsure regarding the modem selection.

Thanks

mith
Of course! Actually the modems are not really a risk part, they are like the contrary of risk part, with Nikolaus having good contacts to ex-Siemens-now-Gemalto. For you this means we will probably source the modems at start of production and you can (re)select your modem option even with the final payment which happens 2 weeks or so before production starts and 4 - 6 weeks before we start shipping.

Originally Posted by fidel View Post
I've place my order.

But then I read some comments here about "topping up". So I took another look and discovered its an option BEFORE you order the device but not AFTER.

Needless to say my extra money is sitting here waiting for you to make it an option.

P.S. I also have a "small" voucher that I'd like to combine with additional cash when you add the "top up" functionality.
You actually can buy the top-ups independantly of the basic products, it's just not meant to be the standard case that people would order top-ups only, that's why you find them top-ups under "accessories" in the base products' detail pages only. Click on it and choose the amount you want. It's just easier for us to handle this in one order.
Also see http://neo900.org/shop-walk-through/ - usually you order your base product (Neo900 or NeoN) and then go back shopping from cart, instead of going to checkout.
[edit] or even better: while reading and configuring (e.g. kbd layout comment) the base product, you rightmouse-click on the top-up picture to open it in a second window/tab and add it to cart there. Then you close that second window. The top-ups will already be there in your cart when you finish on main product and add it to cart as well. Then proceed to checkout

cheers
jOERG

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2015-05-20 at 16:08.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 40 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Jersey
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
When I create an account on neo900.org, do I need to use the same email address I used when I placed my original donation? The reason I ask is that I originally created a "goldelico" email alias for my domain when I placed my original donation which now seems somewhat inappropriate so I'd now like to create a new email alias for Neo900 UG.
I've been wondering about email address changing too. I've been using an old email address for all Neo900 project correspondence (from original GDC payment through to neo900.org) in case changing it breaks everything. But I'd really like to change it!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to l_bratch For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by l_bratch View Post
I've been wondering about email address changing too. I've been using an old email address for all Neo900 project correspondence (from original GDC payment through to neo900.org) in case changing it breaks everything. But I'd really like to change it!
I can tell you it is possible to change it, this info was given to me by Dos1

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:

Tags
neo900, webshop