Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by suicidal_orange View Post
Why would you wait for someone at Jolla to do what you can do yourself? I can't think of a single possible reason
Some people were reporting issues with the modem and I just wasn't sure if there were any other issues.

The Following User Says Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
Some people were reporting issues with the modem and I just wasn't sure if there were any other issues.
My F5122 is working perfectly, just fyi :-)

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bruce-one For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
So try the community image which is practically the same as the official one - if it works for you then you can buy?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to suicidal_orange For This Useful Post:

The Following User Says Thank You to beobachter For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Earth
Originally Posted by suicidal_orange View Post
Why would you wait for someone at Jolla to do what you can do yourself? I can't think of a single possible reason
Single tiny possible reason : currently, you need to do a couple of small hacks to enable everything on the F5122 .
Waiting for a "ready to use F5122" image is the lazy route.

Originally Posted by BluesLee View Post
Anyone knows why some of us encountered warnings in Spanish language after flashing the Android image?
You can use XperiFirm (it's .NET, it works with mono in Linux) to download another Android image that the above linked Lat-Am.
(e.g.: I downloaded Switzerland).

Just pay attention to at least have 34.3.A.0.228 (Nougat 7.1.1), there are still a few countries with images that are stuck at 34.0 (Marshmallow 6.0.1).

(On the other hand, if you want to backup the TA with the DRM key these old 34.0 images are exactly what you need).

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DrYak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jakibaki View Post
No that actually wasn't it D:

Did it work anyways for you? In that case there are multiple non-fatal errors that can happen.
At first thank you very much for this helpful guide as windows/emma is no option for me.

I had this RESET-NON-SECURE-ADB question too and canceled the flashing because I was not sure what this means. I restarted the flashing and checking the Firmeware Selector dialog. Under exclude -> Misc TA there is an option to exclude this. Can you remember if you checked that point? Should this be included? Are there other options that should be checked?

Name:  flashtool_options.png
Views: 255
Size:  15.3 KB

Posts: 252 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Denmark
I tried flashing Sailfish X to my Xperia X using this device.

My sim card was detected but I was unable to get any signal.

My only changes was using the F5121_34.3.A.0.238_1302-4806_R2D (DE T-MOBILE) from Xperia flashtool and my officially brought Xperia X image.

Anyway I was able to get signal by using the official Windows Sailfish X installation instructions and F5121_34.3.A.0.228 NOBA firmware from Emma.

The Following User Says Thank You to LouisDK For This Useful Post:
For those of you who don't wanna update to >=.228 fw, I wrote how I was able to flash /oem partition from hybris-recovery here. Might be of help for somebody.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...34#post1536434

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lantern For This Useful Post:
Posts: 120 | Thanked: 843 times | Joined on Jul 2015 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by LouisDK View Post
I tried flashing Sailfish X to my Xperia X using this device.

My sim card was detected but I was unable to get any signal.

My only changes was using the F5121_34.3.A.0.238_1302-4806_R2D (DE T-MOBILE) from Xperia flashtool and my officially brought Xperia X image.

Anyway I was able to get signal by using the official Windows Sailfish X installation instructions and F5121_34.3.A.0.228 NOBA firmware from Emma.
Did you boot into android after flashing?

If not that's probably the reason why it didn't work with flashtool.

The Following User Says Thank You to jakibaki For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Earth
Originally Posted by LouisDK View Post
My only changes was using the F5121_34.3.A.0.238_1302-4806_R2D (DE T-MOBILE) from Xperia flashtool
{...}
Another possible explication are difference between Emma and Flashtool.

I have zero experience with Emma, but I've noticed that there are tons of part that can be optionnally flashed or not in Flashtool.

Personnally, I've selected to flash nearly every single possible optionnal : wipe everything, nearly all optionnal Ta
The only exception is simlock - it's not available in Simple mode, and Advanced mode advises you NOT to flash it. So I've skipped simlock.ta

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrYak For This Useful Post: