Posts: 4 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Tucson, AZ
Originally Posted by Enyibinakata View Post
Excellent analysis of this situation by Tomi Ahonen as usual

http://communities-dominate.blogs.co...g-for-ceo.html
That was truely a great read. Thank you for sharing. It really opens the mind to the level of infactuation Wall Street has with companies like Apple and how their outlook affects people's perception. Nokia's management reshuffle is definitely a step in the right direction and im hoping new blood will infuse some spirited fightback.

Posts: 297 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ new jersey, usa
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
It's the other way round. I kept my Symbian phone and still use it as my main phone (instead of the N900) because every-day-tasks that you listed are done so much faster and easier on S60 compared to Maemo. - And don't get me started on Android.... tried to browse through a few photos on a friend's HTC Desire the other day. Impossible. It changed to the previous/next image when I wanted to zoom in, it moved the image around when I wanted to see the next one... frustrating. He's selling the thing again on ebay right now, will be using his N900 for the time being and switch back to Symbian as soon as the N8 becomes available. I can tell why.... And that's exactly why I keep my Symbian phone in the first place.
. Couldn't agree more.

Posts: 117 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ San Diego
Nokia needs a new direction, period. They've been going into the right markets with the right devices, but they still need to solidify their high-end because right now Nokia is struggling there bigtime.

Posts: 297 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ new jersey, usa
Originally Posted by bugelrex View Post
P

Symbian is just too clunky when compared to the other 2 for everyday tasks for "average joe".
Some interesting thoughts on phone ui. Whats changed what has not. What symbian really needs to do.

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/news/...ed_for_Sym.php

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
"Because Nokia has a strategy already in place for MeeGo, there is utterly no point in even considering going Android. Buying Palm would have been idiotic in this environment. But then consider true Nokia rivals SonyEricsson, LG and Motorola - they do not control their destiny. They don't even make a smartphone OS. They are utterly dependent on Google or Microsoft (or Symbian or MeeGo) for their smartphone future."

Agree fully, no freaking Android/Winmobile on nokians please :-)

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by daperl View Post
New CEO's path to success:
  1. If danramos declines, receive reach around from tmo member who draws shortest straw.
Jerk.

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
If there's anyone that should be in the firing line, it's the guy who run Ovi.
Someone else pointed out how OviMaps shows how Nokia can do things right. I was.. overwhelmed and confused by his statement. Could it be that Ovi itself is the reason why OviMaps looks so good?

Originally Posted by dana.s View Post
and the one who decided N900 wont get MeeGo
I thought N900, as the CURRENT generation and the latest and greatest, was going to get MeeGo?

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Originally Posted by daperl View Post
  1. If danramos declines, receive reach around from tmo member who draws shortest straw.
Jerk.
Definitely, but only if the new CEO is male. Otherwise, I don't recommend the jerk method.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I like how this thread is going...

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
"Because Nokia has a strategy already in place for MeeGo, there is utterly no point in even considering going Android. Buying Palm would have been idiotic in this environment. But then consider true Nokia rivals SonyEricsson, LG and Motorola - they do not control their destiny. They don't even make a smartphone OS. They are utterly dependent on Google or Microsoft (or Symbian or MeeGo) for their smartphone future."

Agree fully, no freaking Android/Winmobile on nokians please :-)
many months ago, the company that I work for decided that they should use an open system and had selected MS as the platform. I can surely tell you that we have been paying for that mistake ever since. We will continue to pay for that decision until the big bosses retire(or change in the leadership) or someone finally realize the damage of such 'open' platform. unfortunately, our stuffs are becoming so dependent of MS, so turning back is almost impossible.

Last edited by cheve; 2010-07-22 at 04:30.

where can i send my CV for the role ??

Tags
bada rox, bigbadtroll!, ceo firing, fooled again, pissing contest